Some things finally peeking out of the snow!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look what I found looking back at me. It won't be long now. Another month and it will be spring! Maybe.
So far everything looks to still be there. The junipers are doing good. My biggest chinese elm doesn't look so good though. Fine twiggy looks to have died off due to cold. I don't think it gets down to close to 40 degrees below zero. Time will tell.
Pretty soon I will be able to get a shovel in the ground. Yahoo! Probably wear one or two of those out this spring.

Attachments

• 2015-03-14 15.04.07.jpg
    2015-03-14 15.04.07.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 2015-03-14 15.06.11.jpg
    2015-03-14 15.06.11.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 62

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me too, the snow is almost gone over my trees now. More than a month ahead of schedule, sometimes end of April until they melt out. Its so early I'm actually not sure what to do with them, kinda hoping winter comes back, this time of year anything could happen really.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me too, the snow is almost gone over my trees now. More than a month ahead of schedule, sometimes end of April until they melt out. Its so early I'm actually not sure what to do with them, kinda hoping winter comes back, this time of year anything could happen really.
Same thing here. Too early to be melting. I know we will still get some winter weather here.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, they are well mulched with coarse pumice, still frozen solid, soggy on top. It will depend on weather but probably just leave them mulched and water if needed.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't have too many d-trees if they leaf out early, I can do the dance with them I guess!

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Huh, you guys still have snow? o_OI had like maybe 1 week snow..

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Huh, you guys still have snow? o_OI had like maybe 1 week snow..

I thought Wireme would have more than he does. But yeah, here where I live it's not unusual to have snow falling in April. The kids have had to hunt for Easter eggs in the snow some years.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The last snow on my extended.
WEBPAGE_20150314_220029.jpg

Sorce

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I have one or two freezeing days most likly as we always get a random day but it's been 70 and 50 for low. I just collected a large pear today!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Supposed to get some more snow and cold also. We didn't lose all of our snow to begin with. I checked yesterday and almost all still have a good blanket of snow. Plus all are still frozen solid and to the ground. Too early to be warming up.

pbethune

Mame
Reaction score
Same thing in Southern NJ. Warmer temps and it is time to do some magic. Much collecting to do after I've marked about 15 during last fall. I'm ready!!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Same thing in Southern NJ. Warmer temps and it is time to do some magic. Much collecting to do after I've marked about 15 during last fall. I'm ready!!
Got a little collecting to do myself.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Man I feel for you guys! I'm already repotting and I just posted that pear I got-Large juniper is in my sites next!

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Three more inhces of snow yesterday. We now have had over 108 inches this winter and set and all time record. I still can't see my trees.

Top Bottom