Sorta like the auction bonsai of the month...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
An interesting shohin that I almost chose for the auction bonsai of the month for December - though it is a little too close in theme to the November featured bonsai. It is a wierd tree; almost reminds me of an alien :) I don't like the current front. The back is interesting. Makes me want to buy the tree to figure out a way to bring a better design out. Gotta love the wiring :)

minib1.jpg

minib2.jpg

minib3.jpg

Current auction price $400 (gotta hate the weak dollar). Buy it now for $1455...

redroo

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Reminds me of nothing, just way too many branches, to my eyes desperately needs thinning out, just aint no space for the birds to fly in and out.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Name that Tree!!!!!

The Hunchback.....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
Odd tree. I haven't decided yet if I love or hate the two roots in the current front...I lean towards "hate" but I might change my mind...

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Interesting tree. Reminds me of a troll that lives under the bridge down the street. Colin said once long ago that if a tree/material has a Tolkienesk quality about it, its worth exploring. I believe this falls into that category

Tiny Lumberjack

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks to me like a sea creature that wandered onto some dirt. Maybe then putting its head up its rear. And got stuck.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Any thoughts on sharing your link?

I can't find it :( I spent a couple hours on several auction sites last night and went back tonight and can't locate it. It may have expired, or I just overlooked it. On Yahoo! Auction Japan there are over 215 pages of auctions right now under "bonsai", not counting all the secondary auction sites - that's a lot of stuff to lose a tree in...

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks Greg! I wasn't looking for this particular tree, but for the site you are fetching these from. I'll give it a whirl.

Top Bottom