Stand build off

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I like semi gloss. Because you can address accordingly after the final coat. A good rub with a 0000 steel wool and some furniture butter gives a nice blend between matte and semi gloss. Looking good Pitoon.
Thanks! Let's see how it looks tomorrow. If there's any nibs I'll finish it off with some steel wool.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks! Let's see how it looks tomorrow. If there's any nibs I'll finish it off with some steel wool.
Love the way steel wool knocks down those little spots. My finishing booth is non existent, so a little bit of shmegma is a given every time I finish anything.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I made the six month deadline.....finished the stand today. I went with a semi-gloss finish. This finish came out pretty much perfect with no nibs or imperfections on the surface. Very happy with the outcome.

20220102_135208.jpg20220102_135231.jpg20220102_192913.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

nutshell

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'm late, as usual, but this thread inspired me to finally try making a root stand. Did a little proof of concept this morning out of a slice of ERC trunk.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 51

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Recently got into wood working, and I SOOOOO want to.
I'm just not there yet. Still looking for the motivation to make the kitchen utensil set I need.

Also my tool set is essentially a Dremel and a pocket knife.
I'm REALLY not there yet.

nutshell

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thank you! The dremel did more work than I thought it would. Idk about a big one, might take a few days instead of a few hours. Guess I'll find out.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you! The dremel did more work than I thought it would. Idk about a big one, might take a few days instead of a few hours. Guess I'll find out.
This one I started a while back and never finished it. Maybe I'll get to it after I finish the mame pots.

20220109_200249.jpg
20220109_200550.jpg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@Cajunrider how's the progress coming along?
Right now I am busting my butt working on the demolition of my once dream house. I am working on that every day after work until dark and all day every weekend. It should be completed by the end of February. I am on queue waiting for the electric turn off at the house at the moment. It's been almost 2 hrs already and I have yet to talk to anyone. Once I get a breather from all this, I will get on with the stand build. I have not forgotten. No sir!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Right now I am busting my butt working on the demolition of my once dream house. I am working on that every day after work until dark and all day every weekend. It should be completed by the end of February. I am on queue waiting for the electric turn off at the house at the moment. It's been almost 2 hrs already and I have yet to talk to anyone. Once I get a breather from all this, I will get on with the stand build. I have not forgotten. No sir!
I hate to say it but my shop is still a mess. I definitely didn't make the April cut off date. May is not likely either :(

Top Bottom