Sticky stuff

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I wonder if I could use a variation of this method to make a convincing Root over Rock on this plant. It had a bad root that someone cut off and I would love to hide it.

13ED0837-7A57-4418-8D9B-4B8E72E7C35B.jpeg

Reaction score
Should work, if cement doesn't get in your soil. I have been filling holes with cement, it doesn't damage/ bites in the tree.
21013574_1346559148814734_1313466794_n.jpg
Schermafbeelding 2018-09-05 om 16.52.37.png
It was filled with white/grey stuff (don't know the name)

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just found this thread and really like your results. I especially like the strata in the first photo in the first post. Did you create those layers by carving the cement or using a mold or building it up in layers? Here in the states you can purchase soy based concrete stains which should be a good choice for pots. Here is a link for those interested http://www.ecosafetyproducts.com/Concrete-Stain-Colors-s/4284.htm

Reaction score
I just found this thread and really like your results. I especially like the strata in the first photo in the first post. Did you create those layers by carving the cement or using a mold or building it up in layers? Here in the states you can purchase soy based concrete stains which should be a good choice for pots. Here is a link for those interested http://www.ecosafetyproducts.com/Concrete-Stain-Colors-s/4284.htm
Thanks for that link, i'll look for it here in europa. Those colors are cool. I build it layer by layer. I let it dry over night then the next layer. That pot cost me 15 hours to build over 6 days.

Reaction score
Difficult color to match up with trees. The darker tones would work best in my opinion. A similar problem arises with lighter browns in my experience.
Thanks, I showed it to some friends off mine. They all where saying the same. Difficult color. This is the color i most like.IMG_8314.jpg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks, I showed it to some friends off mine. They all where saying the same. Difficult color. This is the color i most like.View attachment 208754

Very nice color! Will match with Red Pine Bark, Darker green foliage, Juniper and cypress trunks. I think it is a winner!

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Can you use any old concrete? I really want to try this.... could you do a tutorial for us?
Your work is amazing

Reaction score
Can you use any old concrete? I really want to try this.... could you do a tutorial for us?
Your work is amazing
Thanxs, Sorry i don't have old concrete. Problem with old concrete is that people make new concrete. Kimura use old (er) rocks to create new rock. There is a you tube video. Maar ben je Nederlands uit Korea?

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanxs, Sorry i don't have old concrete. Problem with old concrete is that people make new concrete. Kimura use old (er) rocks to create new rock. There is a you tube video. Maar ben je Nederlands uit Korea?
Eigenlijk ben ik Afrikaans. Ik begrijp en spreek Nederlands (met een middeleeuws accent hahahah). Ik ben een professor in het Engels. vreemde en gekke wereld ....... hehehe

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nice ruben every time i look at this thread i look at my tree's and think of wich one could have a future on one of your creations :D

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Also its something id realy just want to try to do myself once where do you get your aluminum cement from ?

Reaction score
Eigenlijk ben ik Afrikaans. Ik begrijp en spreek Nederlands (met een middeleeuws accent hahahah). Ik ben een professor in het Engels. vreemde en gekke wereld ....... hehehe
Nice, leuk. There some articles on how to make rocks and slab. I belief i put them somewhere on this site.

Top Bottom