The cooking thread

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just burgers, but it's great to have a nice warm evening in October. Especially after having our first frost yesterday. View attachment 333313
Nice, yum! Fired the grill up today too for some homemade Lasso Burgers.
38ºF here this am, mid 50's - 80 tomorrow. Been great weather to be off with a back injury last 3 wks just wish I could enjoy it.
I think in that time it's rained maybe .28" mostly last night and caught me off guard.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Nice, yum! Fired the grill up today too for some homemade Lasso Burgers.
38ºF here this am, mid 50's - 80 tomorrow. Been great weather to be off with a back injury last 3 wks just wish I could enjoy it.
I think in that time it's rained maybe .28" mostly last night and caught me off guard.
Sorry about your back. What is a Lasso burger? At first my mind read Lassie burger :eek: lol.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Last time I ate 9 of 10 servings from this jar.

View attachment 333652

Am I pregnant?

Sorce
WHAT!? That jar still looks full. Round here a Pt jar is a serving :p
No seriously, I'm not a pickle fan. The ONLY pickle I ever liked
was advertised by Phyllis Diller...Polska Wyrob (Vie-dob).
Don't make em anymore I guess. Cant find them anywhere.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Bong appetit? Ha, last shot looks like some "herbs"...."Hey, this Lamb is far out man!!

I wish, it was just some parsley, mince garlic, mustard with a dash of brandy and red wine vinegar. Just let the lamb rest on it and cover it in the dressing while chopping it up. It was very good.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
When did this become "The Cooking Thread"? 🤨

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
and why?
For mere mortals on this site it is not possible to change the titles of our threads. This is a long running thread now renamed?
Why!?
Are you sure? I seem to always recall it being named "the cooking thread" :) Any mention of "what's in your kitchen" is strictly something your mind made up :)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Just curious @Bonsai Nut, you started the thread, why did you change the name? I like the original better, "The cooking thread" sounds boring. And pictures of pickle jars and vienna sausages are pretty innovative. ;)

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just curious @Bonsai Nut, you started the thread, why did you change the name? I like the original better, "The cooking thread" sounds boring. And pictures of pickle jars and vienna sausages are pretty innovative. ;)

I didn't think anyone cared, LOL! I saw the thread this weekend, and happened to be working on house plans and remodeling, and the first thought that popped into my mind was "appliance shopping list". I was like "this isn't about what your kitchen looks like - it's a cooking thread" so I changed the title thinking no one would notice :)

Top Bottom