The future of our planet

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It must be wonderful to be as good as you.
Actually I'm just a reasonable person who is open to new data and will consider such data on it's own merits.

I am actually trying to lead you to a more open view of the argument. Even though I trust the data on global temperature rise as there is incontrovertible evidence for this. I don't necessarily trust some of the doomsday projections or that it's too late to avoid some of the worst consequences.

So you see there is a whole spectrum of views on the issue.

Unfortunately you don't seem to be open to this, I notice a lot of this black and white thinking in conservatives and admit to being perplexed by it.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Actually I'm just a reasonable person who is open to new data and will consider such data on it's own merits.

I am actually trying to lead you to a more open view of the argument. Even though I trust the data on global temperature rise as there is incontrovertible evidence for this. I don't necessarily trust some of the doomsday projections or that it's too late to avoid some of the worst consequences.

Just give it up.

Don't waste time trying to enlight people who have decided to live on the dark side. It's no use, really. Let them sink into their own hole. Let them bury themselves into their stupidity. Just stop posting here in this thread, like the thread about the racist, rude, vulgar, sexist stupid crook con-man thread that was deleted (Trump).

Hey, there are still men and women here and there who believe in Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, aren't there?

Oh, no : religion and money first ?...

Oh oh oh..

americanelmer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
AlameK: "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"

Isn't that the motto of the so called French revolution? The one where they had to invent the Guillotine to keep up with the head chopping? Yeah it was revolting alright.

You can keep your oppressive form of government. You know, where you are assumed to be guilty and have to prove your innocence. Where the government has a people like most of the dysfunctional regimes in the world unlike us silly Americans were "We the People" have a Government.

"racist, rude, vulgar, sexist stupid crook con-man ...(Trump)."
We elected him and like him just fine, You can keep you sissy boy who is married to his school teacher and doesn't even have kids.

You are just proving once again that you are a euro-weenie, You say your done but just like a dog eating its own vomit you can't stay away.

Thanks for playing.

A_E

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here is the latest satellite temp data

2017 temp - Copy.JPG

Here is what the IPCC and other like to do with the data....

2017 temp - Copy (2).JPG

Here is what you really should do with the data....

2017 sat temp.JPG

The fact is that there has been a 0.2 degrees C (at most) jump in the average since the big El Nino of 1998.
2016 was a hot year. 2017 has come back down to the ''new'' average. It rose again in October. We don't know what will happen in the next 6 to 12 months but the chances are it will go back down. Now, if the climate is taken as a 30 year block, we can not say there has been any warming in the climate at all. The ''weather'' has warmed a little ( very little). That is all that can be said. If you can squeeze out a ''trend'' from this, you are not being very scientific because science has determined a trend needs to span thirty years (which in itself is ridiculously short).
Yes you can say (and they do) that there has been a 0.4 rise over all but there was no rise from '79 to about '94 and no rise from 2000 to 2015.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let them bury themselves into their stupidity. Just stop posting here in this thread, like the thread about the racist, rude, vulgar, sexist stupid crook con-man thread that was deleted (Trump).
:D

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Just to come out of nowhere. I found my grandfather's wallet from when he was in Paris during World War IIView attachment 169437
So what can I get for 125 Francs and is Jim's Crazy Corner still open? Sounds like a great time!
Ahh I miss the beautiful old money. There was a bar in Chateauroux called "Joe From Main." I thought someone missed the boat not naming a bar "The Trenches" so I could say I was in the trenches of France. :rolleyes:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
"The future of our plant" episode 2, or the art of throwing gasoline on fire:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42245289

Just can't believe it!

And some of you still support this ignorant weirdo?

Prepare the bags for your sons and daughters to come back home in, be ready to pray for those of your kins who died for a mentally ill image of your country.

Oh yes, pray, pray, pray for the swindlers you took to power to pay one day (very unlikely I'm afraid).

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hey wats a guy to do on the other side of the pond. Kill Nazis and chase ladies!

We don't "kill" people here any longer you know. We've abolished the death penalty for decades, we're civilized people.

As for "chasing ladies", that's the pot calling the kettle black. Here, we don't have all the doors left open when we have an interview with someone, we still live in a society that respects people, whatever their gender or their origins.

For how long ? I don't know. The hypocritical money-oriented religious global "US culture" is slowly taking over here too, but we're doing our best to resist to cretinism.

PS: Hey wat I ment buy "US culture" is of coarse, wot Rusty Davis an' others egzamplifry in that thread.

americanelmer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
AlameK.

You are the most clueless self impressed person on this website.
You are miles ahead in cluelessness, You win the clueless prize going away.

You think just because you write the inane platitudes like your last 2 posts that you are enlightened, but you are just clueless.

We Americans only pity fools like you and don't care what think about our great country. Glad you are stuck in your French cesspool enjoy the stink.

BTW I was born in Manhattan 4 years before and grew up in Queens NY about 3 to 4 miles from were our great president Donald Trump grew up. You have no clue about how far ahead of you and your fellow euro-weenies he is.

Your welcome.

A_E

Rusty Davis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@AlainK easy tiger I agree with a far amount of your thoughts. I just thought it was pretty cool to run across a little piece of history that well affected the whole damn planet. I'm at least a 4th generation that has served this country. My son is on his way in JROTC now. Be it age,maturity or life experience I'm questioning if that's the right thing. I love this country and believe in freedom. Freedom of choice

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"The future of our plant" episode 2, or the art of throwing gasoline on fire:
It's all part of his bigotry towards Muslims. He's trying to ignite an all out war on Islam.
The things he's doing are straight out of the Antichrists playbook.
This guy isn't only bad for America but the whole world.
Hopefully someday we get to see him and some of his cronies in chains.
He opened up a National Monument for drilling,mining and cracking for his spacial interest groups.
Maybe he will reduce the area for the preservation of giant redwoods. The biggest tree I've gotten to cut down was an oak just over 6 feet in diameter. Imagine the noise one of those redwoofs makes when it hits the ground.
Maybe they will be able to put oil rigs on the floor of the Grand Canyon. Maybe a little strip mining in Yellowstone.
What a great President.

Top Bottom