The Tree Thread

cascade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
In picking up Dario's thought I'd like to start this thread where,if you comment, you have to post a picture of one of your trees. You can post the same tree multiple times, but from different angles, or details about the tree or the container.
We will thus continue commenting on each others' trees and post more trees. :D

Here's my tree, Conocarpus erectus - Buttonwood:

Buttonwood XL 2+21+13 new front.jpg

Best,
Dorothy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Jaw dropped. :eek:

That is a very nice buttonwood...love the dead wood. Drool.

I hope you don't mind but I am not sure if the current style hi-lites the feature as well as it could though.

cascade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Jaw dropped. :eek:

That is a very nice buttonwood...love the dead wood. Drool.

I hope you don't mind but I am not sure if the current style hi-lites the feature as well as it could though.

You were supposed to post a picture of a tree if you comment..:p And?? No post without pic, NPWP..:rolleyes:

Deadwood detail ( and my comment pic..)
Buttonwood XL 2+21+13 side deadwood.jpg

Best,
Dorothy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh...missed the requirement! LOL

Here is my buttonwood (2 pics one for the one I owe)...light years behind yours.

It was chopped & carved heavily last year and starting to re-build now. How do you like the earrings? LOL

cascade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Oh...missed the requirement! LOL

Here is my buttonwood (2 pics one for the one I owe)...light years behind yours.

It was chopped & carved heavily last year and starting to re-build now.

Nice material!

How do you like the earrings? LOL

Creative..

Buttonwood in outgrown stage, the last time to that extent:

Buttonwood XL 2+21+13.jpg

Best,
Dorothy

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And my neighbor's group planting. Two cotton woods.
image.jpg

cascade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That oak tree aways has me questioning trunk/height ratio. Truck 12 feet. Whole tree 60 foot.

Little satsuki I got two months ago. image.jpg
Pretty cute.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
View attachment 32003

A BRT I bought from an auction. Too straight for my liking so I bent it. 2" at the base, 1-1/2" at bend area and done with make shift bending tools out of branch trimmings, wires and turnbuckles. LOL Bent about 20 degrees. This is probably the hardest wood I bent to date. :)

Love that bougie...then again I haven't seen any tree of yours that I didn't like yet. :)

Re: the pic of flower and fruits...those are not tree pics. ;)

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What in the he%% do you plan to do with that Dario? By the way I love BRT's and have been looking for the one for a couple of years.

Bald cypress. One year after trunk chop. Very heavy big boy. Fence is 6 foot. All the trees I have posted are not in my back yard were my favorites live. These are projects including the oak in the front yard.
image.jpg

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What in the he%% do you plan to do with that Dario? By the way I love BRT's and have been looking for the one for a couple of years.

Bald cypress. One year after trunk chop. Very heavy big boy. Fence is 6 foot. All the trees I have posted are not in my back yard were my favorites live. These are projects including the oak in the front yard.
View attachment 32004

Nice BC, mine is much smaller and also bald but budding now.

What I plan on doing with it? Bonsai my friend...bonsai. ;) :p If you want to see it you'll have to wait.

Here is part of the prep...taken from the opposite side. Showing anchoring details on the pot as well. I did redo the attachment to the tree base since the single strand broke so I tripled it. ;)
View attachment 32005

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Here's my tree, Conocarpus erectus - Buttonwood:

View attachment 31965

Best,
Dorothy

Awesome buttonwood! Do you know who collected it? It has some of the best deadwood I've seen, really old and full of character.

IMAG0671.jpg

Lets forget that I already carved the heck out of this stump.. I'm curious, what would you do with this swamp maple? And no, burn pile is not an option.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpg
Dario I still don't understand what those big right side branches are in you first BRT pic.

Last edited:

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Here is my ugly ill Blue rug juniper. First tree and its at least lives through 5 years of rookie torture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 1,448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,965
Top Bottom