Tools, Ferts, Fools, and Dirt

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Those flexible saws are great. I have the same one and originally bought it to use for my custom fly rod business, but I have found so many uses for it out in the garden I bought another one for out there :)

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I know Michaels and Hobby Lobby both carry a good material for pot hole mesh and/ or grow box colander sides. They come in large sheets for $2 and are used for cross stitching or something. I also use it as a sifter.

Oh boy, what a crazy day it has been for me! If you could see what I just bought at lowes and online! Perlite, misters, timers, nozzles, tubing, pine bark, rooting hormone, pumice, heating mat, tubs, plexi glass and more!

Included unpackaging, sifting, drilling, repotting, more sifting and drilling, water, rain :mad:!

Oh! And almost a mini (dwarf) orchid I wanted so bad! Should go back for it.

which drip kit did you get from lowes? I was thinking of this one with a hose timer.. 50 bucks for an auto water system.. seems great.. but also seems too good to be true. thoughts?

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...alogId=10051&productId=1054543&cId=detail#img

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
which drip kit did you get from lowes? I was thinking of this one with a hose timer.. 50 bucks for an auto water system.. seems great.. but also seems too good to be true. thoughts?

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...alogId=10051&productId=1054543&cId=detail#img
I didnt buy a kit, I bought everything seperate- when I feel better I can take a picture for you. I have a really simple setup- timer and valve combo was $30, Plastic tarp was $10, a couple dollars each for the pack of misters, and $13 for the tubing. I had the wood, clamps, elbows and T's already.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Waltron ,

Here is a pic. I just set it up, the only thing I have to do is secure the mister things so they dont shift around. Its set to go off for 2 minutes every 2 hours, but I think I may change it to every 4 hours.

Its all trial and error.

0322161741.jpg

When I am done, I'll make a thread about all my projects.

JohnnyFive

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have the same hand saw. very nice. Been using it for two years. mostly for little tree things. Also for random tasks. Still sharp as hell!

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Waltron

Please also take note that the misting system does not have a feature to shut off at night, so you have to do that manually. But you should be checking everything everyday anyway, right?

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Waltron

Please also take note that the misting system does not have a feature to shut off at night, so you have to do that manually. But you should be checking everything everyday anyway, right?

yes of course, I actually purchased a hose timer on sale at ace, but that's as far as I've gotten, was debating a sprinkler idea, but im thinking a drip or spray system might work better for my purpose for the auto water system, which would be for when I go on vacations from thursday or friday to sunday during summer. I check my trees at 12 pm every day on lunch, often times before I leave at 630- 7 am, and again at 430.. and usually spend a good portion of my evening with my trees in the growing season.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Paradox was talking about bucket tools in the other thread.
I'm bringing up old shit.

20170812_184124.jpg
The red pliers are rusted shut and the green garden tool was just there....
But this is my "essentials". Essentially.

I found that keeping a dedicated Alcohol and vinegar bottle in the bucket makes it way easier to use regularly.

20170812_184131.jpg

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yeah....the bucket!

Anyway....

Went to Wal-Mart today...Forest Park if you're close....

To find the regularly priced $16 gallons of Alaska fish on clearance for $6.50!
Got two.

And two flowmaster two gl pump sprayers...
Reg $ten...for $3.fifty each!

And they forgot to scan the fert!
Score!

Jobes spikes,sevin, That premixed neem $two.,
The whole department!
Like 70% off!

Sorce

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Like 70% off!

Score! :) We stopped by Lowe's this past weekend thinking some garden items would be on Sale - NOT the case and actually the prices seemed high :rolleyes:

Grimmy

Top Bottom