Transplanting scares me

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
So I am boring through my first phase of spring transplanting and look out at my accomplishments for the day and realize it looks like a freak show... all the " mod-art" pieces got done today--whew!
sKKr2Et.jpg

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My favorite is the tree sitting on top of the doll in the background.;)

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
My favorite is the tree sitting on top of the doll in the background.;)
The doll is actually a ceramic piece and it is growing "through" its exploding belly. Its a larch with a skirt of cotoneaster which turns blood red in the fall. I inherited this from Master Lenz.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
My favorite is the one wrapping around the bone.

my fav too. Sadly last year a big fat evil robin sat on it lowest right branch and tipped it over, breaking off the branch--it will grow back oh so slowly. Meanwhile it clasps the bone so well and is composed perfectly. It was designed and grown by Lenz from a larch seedling I gave him years ago. I repotted it this year and cleaned out the last of the garden soil from its base.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
Is that a root over bowling ball in the front?
Nope, they only exist in Australia--this is root over life sized ceramic head. I plan on trying to back-graft a few branches lower this year on this one--why? I am not sure.

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Of course the trees are awesome, but the painted lenz pots always catch my eye. Dang you are lucky to have those.

Top Bottom