Trident Maple over rock Tips?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lmao at this thread. I remember those newbie days, tons of excitement, tons of enthusiasm, the "oh look, maple! I can make a bonsai out of that!" Yep I remember them, just not fondly...

Jarod, as others have said....STOP, SLOW DOWN, calm down and think for one fracking minute...

OK so you went to a nursery and you bought a tree. You might have paid a bit much for said tree but it's now yours. Trust me, it isn't worth the $60 to get mad, go back to the seller and potentially have them tell you to never come back.

Use this tree as a learning opportunity....And no offense but it is clear you have A LOT of learning to do. That's Ok, we all were there once. Hell, I'm still there, just a bit further along than you are right now.

Now is this a great tree? No its not but it's not trash either. It is a good learning tree and that is what you need to see it as.

So you've repotted it. Ok. Now leave it alone and see how it recovers. Start reading everything you can get your hands on. Books, blogs, forums, everything. Smoke is the trident dude, read his stuff and listen to his advice. You need to start educating yourself about basic bonsai care and practices. Join a local club, go to some shows, talk with people doing bonsai. California is the bonsai mecca for the United States. There is tons of resources there for you.

Get used to the idea that bonsai is not something you're going to learn fast no matter how much you want to. You can help yourself along that route by starting to do the work of researching and reading everything you can now. If you arent willing to do that, you are in for a ton more frustration and as Ryan said, bonsai may not be your thing.

Good luck

Reaction score
unnamed.jpg No Im happy with it. ... I grew lots of patience over the last few weeks of trial....Hey look everyone! look how it has grown Healthy green leaves over the last few months!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
View attachment 96589 No Im happy with it. ... I grew lots of patience over the last few weeks of trial....Hey look everyone! look how it has grown Healthy green leaves over the last few months!
Good for you,glad to see it seemingly happy...but,I'm sure you meant "weeks" since your original thread was February 21st of this year. So just shy...of two weeks.

Top Bottom