What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

They were smart. The air rifle is a joy to shoot. I wouldn’t even need the scope. The iron sight is pretty good out to 30 yards.
You'll get to use it. The rabbits in my yard are relentless, new batch ever 40 days. I'm unable to resist my animal instinct, & despite my black soulless eyes of death the rain washes the garlic and red pepper away, and that's when it's my time to slay. Circle of life includes death. :)

1716259618343.png

You'll get to use it. The rabbits in my yard are relentless, new batch ever 40 days. I'm unable to resist my animal instinct, & despite my black soulless eyes of death the rain washes the garlic and red pepper away, and that's when it's my time to slay. Circle of life includes death. :)

View attachment 547907
IMG_2589.gif

So I bought a Pink Heartbreaker Redbud for a bonsai project online from a source that I've bought from before. However, the tree came smashed up in the box with several broken branches! So I sent my pics in and they said keep the tree and issued me a credit for the full amount. I then ordered a Globosa Nana shrub that they said was promptly on its way...😁 Later that week I received a Golden Mop Cypress!!! I promptly told them I could get three of these for that price at Lowes and I am not happy... They finally sent me the Globosa Nana and said keep the Golden Mop on them. After the dust settled, I ended up with all three for the price of the redbud...

Screenshot 2024-05-02 134942.jpg

Golend Mop.jpg

Globosa Nana.jpg

I've chopped the redbud to the size I wanted and it is already popping out...😁😁😁

Found this cotoneaster tucked away in a corner in a little nursery . On a road trip Sunday . Never had one . Always get a laugh anytime you see rockspray cotoneaster in a bonsai book or forum . It’s always revered as a common garden plant avail everywhere . Well I’ve never been able to find it here . Anyway I’m happy with this it’s a single stem tree . Delicate small flowers . Not hard to see the semi cascade in there

Attachments

• 66F8AA81-5E45-4B83-99DD-88C15B75D57E.jpeg
    66F8AA81-5E45-4B83-99DD-88C15B75D57E.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 29
  • F3A38B66-EACF-4CA1-A1D3-734E45F6D592.jpeg
    F3A38B66-EACF-4CA1-A1D3-734E45F6D592.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 74A95839-64ED-40D7-845A-369240AA22E7.jpeg
    74A95839-64ED-40D7-845A-369240AA22E7.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 32
Found this cotoneaster tucked away in a corner in a little nursery . On a road trip Sunday . Never had one . Always get a laugh anytime you see rockspray cotoneaster in a bonsai book or forum . It’s always revered as a common garden plant avail everywhere . Well I’ve never been able to find it here . Anyway I’m happy with this it’s a single stem tree . Delicate small flowers . Not hard to see the semi cascade in there
They used to be really popular in nurseries in the late 90's early 2000's. Now there are a ton of varieties of cotoneaster available. I mostly see cranberry cotoneaster and 'Tom thumb'

That seems to be their natural shape... I have some from Conifer Kingdom and one is going in a pot with three others in a garden bed for future development.
2-Cotoneaster-dammeri-Streibs-Findling-e1677285374544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom