Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yep it is nice, you've been missed.

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pomegranate I picked up at a club show. March 7.

View attachment 306965

June 4 today. The pot is temporary and due to a squirrel mishap. Tree has 19 blooms on it. Think it can take 19 poms hanging on it?

View attachment 306966
Very nice image, especially considering what you started with. Even just repotting has made a big difference with the elegant trunk line.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Black pine dug Jan 18

View attachment 306928

Black pine June 4. Look how black the wire was 5 months ago and how it will be silver in another three months.

View attachment 306929

what’s with all the wire and mesh on the trunk?

This tree lacks taper, no? and the upper part of the tree is wildly out of proportion to the trunk.

I’m interested in your plans for the future for this tree. At first glance, the tree seems like it needs a chop and many years of training ahead.

Maybe I’m wrong?

64.JPG

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
what’s with all the wire and mesh on the trunk?

This tree lacks taper, no? and the upper part of the tree is wildly out of proportion to the trunk.

I’m interested in your plans for the future for this tree. At first glance, the tree seems like it needs a chop and many years of training ahead.

Maybe I’m wrong?

View attachment 307333

The mesh on the tree is protecting the bark from the four wire tie in that I did to make the tree rock solid in the nursery container. It has a very small root ball and crossing wires over that will not cut it.

28.JPG

Lack taper, yea some. Not perfect. But I didn't pay 3000.00 dollars for it like a lot of people do to get good taper. I traded a stand and two diaza carved for it. Here is one, haven't carved the other yet. I have no expense except wood. So for me this is priceless.

96722238_10158299477716494_1579277724055240704_n.jpg

So this tree is six months working on it. I would be curious to know how long you been working on that "very weak" pine in your avatar that looks like it needs some wire? My cuts were made for the future and there are scars on the front of the trunk where I removed branches. The shoots I retained and those that have grown in the last six months will be trained to peek over the trunk along it's length rather than have a bunch of eye pokers up and down the trunk.

I would be very much appreciative to have a link to the tree in your avatar. Maybe I could critique yours as well. There will be no doubt it would help you.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The mesh on the tree is protecting the bark from the four wire tie in that I did to make the tree rock solid in the nursery container. It has a very small root ball and crossing wires over that will not cut it.

View attachment 307991

Lack taper, yea some. Not perfect. But I didn't pay 3000.00 dollars for it like a lot of people do to get good taper. I traded a stand and two diaza carved for it. Here is one, haven't carved the other yet. I have no expense except wood. So for me this is priceless.

View attachment 307992

So this tree is six months working on it. I would be curious to know how long you been working on that "very weak" pine in your avatar that looks like it needs some wire? My cuts were made for the future and there are scars on the front of the trunk where I removed branches. The shoots I retained and those that have grown in the last six months will be trained to peek over the trunk along it's length rather than have a bunch of eye pokers up and down the trunk.

I would be very much appreciative to have a link to the tree in your avatar. Maybe I could critique yours as well. There will be no doubt it would help you.

Appreciate the response. Btw, I mean no disrespect. Just thought you might like to have an actual bonsai conversation. :). And, I just don’t feel this pine is quite at the standards of most of the other trees I’ve seen you post. But, I’m here to learn and I appreciate you engaging with me. I’ve posted an update on my avatar pine in another thread...won’t take up space on your thread by posting it here. I look forward to your (and any others) critique.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Appreciate the response. Btw, I mean no disrespect. Just thought you might like to have an actual bonsai conversation. :). And, I just don’t feel this pine is quite at the standards of most of the other trees I’ve seen you post. But, I’m here to learn and I appreciate you engaging with me. I’ve posted an update on my avatar pine in another thread...won’t take up space on your thread by posting it here. I look forward to your (and any others) critique.

31.JPG 61.JPG
It may not be, it's only six months. Give me five years, that's about how long I need to make a difference. I can post the trees to prove it. Others can't, hell many here have been working on trees for more than a decade and they still look like the day they got them.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can post the trees to prove it. Others can't, hell many here have been working on trees for more than a decade and they still look like the day they got them.
I gotta ask, because I truly do not understand.. Why can you not appreciate what you do for you? Why the need to compare what you do to how others do it? Live and let live or something? Wouldn't that make your life a lot easier?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I gotta ask, because I truly do not understand.. Why can you not appreciate what you do for you? Why the need to compare what you do to how others do it? Live and let live or something? Wouldn't that make your life a lot easier?
Because I can.....

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you stay at it long enough, there will come a time when you are despised. Thats a fact. I have been doing this too long not to see it. When your work gets very good people will be jealous and will look down their nose at how you post. That happens if you interact with the forum. If you just wish to post a tree and run then you are not open for the words. Guys like MachV and Judy and Brian and Adair, they don't post much anymore and they don't do a lot of interacting.
If you wish in the future to just post a tree and not talk to anyone, then yea I can see your point, but if you want to show a tree to someone to help them improve and open the discussion to fielding questions like "why you gotta be a dick", then yea it gets hard.

I might ask you why you felt the need to come in here and ask these questions, surely they do not move the dialog forward. In fact it's none of your business....is it? Now do you understand?

Top Bottom