What's up everyone!

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
so I have been a life longer lurker among the internet bonsai community - I have been doing bonsai in my backyard for 8 years and finally got to the point where learning from the internet and books just wasn't enough. Recently joined the portland bonsai society, visited the pudget sound bonsai association and decided to participate more online -

I was surprised by the number of US members on this forum, especially washington, oregon and northern california... so I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I'll be posting pictures soon to get some input on styling and other things

Manny

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Manny!

Nice to have another "local" here. I'm also a BSOP member, but I have not made it to a meeting in a while.

-Darrell

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome from another Pacific North Wet local. Yes, there seems to be a lot of us online.

Are you, by any chance, an actual Buddhist monk?

grouper52

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
no I'm not but it's a nickname I was given - I guess I look like one when I have really short hair

That's a shimpaku I snatched at the PSBA auction in seattle last saturday - can't wait to start wiring this dude. Been in training for 14 years apparently but has been neglected for a while.

P4300277.jpg

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Hi Manny,

I too am a BSOP member and like Darrell I haven't been to a meeting in a long time! Welcome to the nut, I am sure you will enjoy it here!

Also, send me an email or pm and I can give you some insight to the club, where to get trees locally and information on the upcoming Walter Pall workshops I have scheduled. It would be a great place to bring your shimpaku.

Take care, Jason

Top Bottom