Where the HELL did that frost come from!

Kevster

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I check the weather early in the morning around lunch time and around dinner time (5:30) so i know what to wear what to be prepared for and to watch for frost. So when Mr. Weather Man tells me the low of the night is supposed to be 58 and it ends up being 32-33 it makes me wonder how they have a job! HOW can they be 20* off lol.
I hope i don't lose new growth from this sneak attack!

The weather channel is horrible!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The weather channel's primary business is entertainment, not providing accurate forecasts (despite what they may say). You'd be much better off checking out your local national weather service site on-line, or even the local TV/radio forecasts. I've watched the local forecasts on the weather channel change literally every hour...I have no idea where they get that information from. They may have picked up a typographical/transcription error.

Chances are your plants should be fine, most plants (not all) can tolerate some frost/even a light freeze on the new growth.

Chris

Kevster

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Good to hear! Thanks Chris! I will start watching local weather from now on also.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Weather radio, every morning, very accurate, and gives a short term and long term forecast. Very local....

Top Bottom