Wintering Bonsai

Haroldjr

Sapling
Reaction score
Me? I'm in Michigan. And I just bought a small 3' x 5' x 4'h shed that I put where my outside compost/recycle trash can sits in season. It looks natural enough but I don't need it in winter. I bought a thermostat controlled switch too, that will be set to turn on a 10 watt light bulb at 30°F and a 25 watt at 20°F. That will guard against the deep lows that kill the Carolinian plants that are zone 7. I had a better and bigger arrangement years ago and discarded it because it was a big deal to store over winter. It was around the far side of my house and was a monster to get to in deep snow. This one is smaller and is right outside my back door where I can keep the sidewalk shoveled and get to it easily for watering, etc.. And it's disguised as a trash container enclosure so I don't have to move it twice a year! I am very pleased with myself to be able to keep these kinds of plants again.😎
You had CO in one of you posts. I guess the zone 7 is the only thing we have in common. Sounds like you got it under control though. Good luck and dont freeze. I didnt know the avatar showed location.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. We need to have your info on every post, or you’ll be asked over and over. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you, and you might connect with another local.

<<<<< It will show here.

Haroldjr

Sapling
Reaction score
Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. We need to have your info on every post, or you’ll be asked over and over. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you, and you might connect with another local.

<<<<< It will show here.
Thanks. Looking for a buddy.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Put your location in so you can stumble upon each other. A city & state will do nicely. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Top Bottom