Yew Project Before and After Marco

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Been working on this Yew for a couple years now. I think I have a thread about it over on BTALK. So here's a few shots of it before I styled it, after I styled it, then after Marco styled it on Monday. thanks

Attachments

• project 1a.jpg
    project 1a.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Misc.-Trees-033aSMALL.jpg
    Misc.-Trees-033aSMALL.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 156
  • project-6b.jpg
    project-6b.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 170

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
It really does look better in person. I couldn’t get the right angle or inclination in the picture. :(

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Looks good, hard to beat Marco's talent. I have trees that I bought and thought they just needed TLC, and darn if he didn't make them look better.

Ciao,
Harry

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Harry, I hear your wife makes the best brownies.. Can I give you my address for a box of em? LOL
Did you post pics of your Marco visit trees anywhere?:p

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Perhaps I'm too bold for saying this, but judging from the photos I liked the tree as you had trained it. It looks like Marco turned the back into the front which diminished the dynamics of the trunk. Maybe its different in person.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I think Marco added dynamic tension. rather than the flawed bowed trunk that was there before. The tree is now crouching ready to pounce!

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
thanks for the interest guys. I need to re-take the pic with an actual camera from the angle that the front should be. See Marco's blue arrow. He actually liked my front and we discussed the +/- of each side. We decided the side with the shar and "lips" should be shown. Since that makes the tree sexy.:eek:

Top Bottom