Seed Germination Theory and Practice -- Dr. Norman Deno

Article Seed Germination Theory and Practice -- Dr. Norman Deno 2nd Edition

No permission to download
Dr. Norman Deno's book lists over 2500+ species and gives pretreatments if any to assist in the removal of delay mechanisms.

EVERY SPECIES OF PLANT HAS ONE OR MORE MECHANISMS FOR DELAYING GERMINATION. UNTIL THE SEED IS DISPERSED (Chapters 5-12). This principle pervades every aspect of seed germination. Without such mechanisms, seeds would germinate, in the capsule or fruit and would never be dispersed. The challenge in germinating seeds is to overcome these delay mechanisms. It is proposed to call all treatments used to overcome delay mechanisms as conditioning. With 95% of the species studied, the delay mechanism is chemical.With the remaining 5%, it is physical.

Rights: Works produced by employees of the U.S. Government as part of their official duties are not copyrighted within the U.S. The content of this document is not copyrighted.

Latest reviews

THE bible of seed germination.
Top Bottom