A Barrel of Scots Scotch (Pines that is)

Reaction score
I don't know and i only have badd experience with chemical fertilizer, a friend of my uses kristalon blauw. One time in spring and one time in fall. His tree's are cool green and thats green green.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
That was why I was wondering if you fed them during this heat ;-)
I'll see how they respond to being fed once a week like the package recommends.

My experience with chemical fertilizer is pretty alright, especially since it's so easy to forget to use it. With fertilizer laying on the soil, it's impossible to forget.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Here's a few I purchased bare root last year. (I just updated that thread as well), not that it matters since this one is better. I started about 50 more this spring with lower success rates, but I was meaner with root reductions,and wire.
IMG_20180820_145353.jpgIMG_20180820_154116_113.jpgIMG_20180820_154116_130.jpg
If we are treating these as we treat mugo is it a proper time to be thinning this years needles in to bowties? And allowing more light to weaker areas?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If we are treating these as we treat mugo is it a proper time to be thinning this years needles in to bowties? And allowing more light to weaker areas?
Yes, but at this size? I don't see that you have any light problems and speculate that you want all the needles you can get to thicken those puppies. But, if you're going for making mini or maybe shohin, this would be the time, IMHO (I restyled my mugo#3 last week).

btw, I like your twists and bends - very nice :cool:

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a hillside creeper that I couldn't say no to. It is a very tall tree, and I kept the small side! I don't think I will keep the deadwood, but I wanted to toy with it first.Screenshot_20180930-095859.jpg

Top Bottom