American Shohin Bonsai Society???

Wm Tom Davis

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd like to hear from those of you who may know about the ASBS and what may have happened to it.
I paid for a year membership and never received a newsletter or anything. They had a nice website but now it no longer exists. They have a facebook site, but nothing has happened or posted since April 4 months ago.

Does anyone know anything about this group?
Any comment would be appreciated.

shohinkenn

Seedling
Reaction score
Activity on ASBS website

Dear Sir,

There seems to be activity on the ASBS site presently. Have you received a newsletter or any contact from organization? I have considered joining but was waiting for Jan. Am "Scottish" and not inclined to pay full dues for part of a year's membership. Won't join if you have received no newsletter or contact from group.

Thanks, Ken

shohinkenn

Seedling
Reaction score
American Shohin Bonsai Society

Jim,

Thanks for your post. Their web site is back up and there is activity. I considered joining earlier this year but decided I would wait until Jan. to join. I am Scottish enough to not want to pay full
dues for a partial year.
Have you received a newsletter from them yet.

Please keep us updated.

Ken

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I checked into this it seems the ASBS is defunct. They are looking to find someone to take over. I would contact the president If you are owed anything.

majohnson

Seedling
Reaction score
Asbs

The site is up, it looks like they are looking for add dollars.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Maybe John Romano will see this thread and answer. I was part of the early life of the organization -- attended a workshop, etc. -- but my life intervened, and I haven't pushed it. Haven't heard much from or about them in some while.

madoherty

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I used to be part of the ASBA. From the sound of it the governing board fell apart.

Top Bottom