Anyone interested in Chicago Yew Yamadori

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks @sorce
But I think I'll pass on those :)
We are remolding the yard and I do not where I'll put my existing trees for the moment so I guess I'll have to figure this point out before hunting for new ones ;)

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I need to get a shovel, pick, saw and new lower back for the season!

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Sorce! You are the man!

I probably will check these out this week.

Really to replant as garden plants for my property.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Good for you! Though those center ones look pretty beat up which may mean, pretty cool potential. Just a thought ;)

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I know it'll be a long term project, but hopefully before I die ;) That yew you posted Grim was the columnar version of yews, hence why the trunk is so straight. My neighbor has one that's about 15' tall, but perfectly straight. Here are mine, sorry for the dark pics, but they were taken under shade. I'm also in the middle of staining the back deck's cement with a pewter colored stain. So EVERYTHING is on the lawn and taking pics is nearly impossible. Will get better pics when I have my garden set back up, and these trees under misters. Btw, those are 25"W X 18"D for scale. The 2nd, the huge one, is like 10-12" thick trunks. This may be a bit too big, on the other hand, it could be a project for a carving job when I have the skill set.

View attachment 73828 View attachment 73829 View attachment 73830

Ok, spring finally kicking in, and both of these yews are going to make it. Flush with new growth. Finallly Success! lol
Key was def. putting it in pumice w. no field soil and left more green. Another yr and they'll be set to go.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
lol...ok, a bit of wishful thinking temp wise...but at least things are opening up...like spring ;) Lakeview area.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lakeview area.

I'm always up there!
You could take a tour of like 6 buildings I work at on the Brown line....

Speaking of pinching Junipers.....

I can't go get these...
I post em for others!

I hope you don't mind me using this thread!

Sorce

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Oh heck no. I love to see what's available. If I didn't have my work cut out for me already, I'd grab this one. Looks like great material.

If ever in the area again, you're welcome to stop by anytime.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh heck no. I love to see what's available. If I didn't have my work cut out for me already, I'd grab this one. Looks like great material.

If ever in the area again, you're welcome to stop by anytime.

You're the first one I ever noticed from round here on here so the thought has always ran thru my head!

I'd love to check out your collection!

Is it me....or is there tons of killer material in Lakeview...?

My mulberry....another dissappearimg one...on the property I work on, and I bloody missed it!

Lotta old mostly shaded stuff that would Probly get to banging in full sun....

J.Maples everywhere...

And the one ragged building on every block that still has crap landscaping and excellent old stuff just waiting.....

Damn!

Urban Yamadori that rivals anything the PNW has to offer!

Sorce

Top Bottom