Azalea contest 2020-2025

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Forsoothe! Should we just end the contest now then? :D

I got a lot of new buds coming out on mine. I cut the last two branch tips the other day. So now all new growth will come from this year's new growth. It should now fill in pretty quickly.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
@Forsoothe! Should we just end the contest now then? :D

I got a lot of new buds coming out on mine. I cut the last two branch tips the other day. So now all new growth will come from this year's new growth. It should now fill in pretty quickly.
Alleged buds for which no pictures exist?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I must admit...I was curious about @JudyB cultivar, and upon google search...to find her tree in bloom. Stumbled upon another different cultivar...that, I reached out to my local nursery if their growers had. They did not. So, I purchased a gallon online which will ship in fall. I have no idea about this cultivar, if it can even be bonsai...No idea what the bones will look like. Buying sight unseen. But your contest pushed another tree to my bench. I will be curious how it behaves...and if I can use the bonsai techniques to it...how it responds. Worse case...it's a landscape tree and destined to go back into the ground. Time will tell. But this contest added another tree to my bench it seems. Those blooms and foliage though... 🥰

Rhododendron stenopetalum 'Linearifolium'_2959-L.jpg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I must admit...I was curious about @JudyB cultivar, and upon google search...to find her tree in bloom. Stumbled upon another different cultivar...that, I reached out to my local nursery if their growers had. They did not. So, I purchased a gallon online which will ship in fall. I have no idea about this cultivar, if it can even be bonsai...No idea what the bones will look like. Buying sight unseen. But your contest pushed another tree to my bench. I will be curious how it behaves...and if I can use the bonsai techniques to it...how it responds. Worse case...it's a landscape tree and destined to go back into the ground. Time will tell. But this contest added another tree to my bench it seems. Those blooms and foliage though... 🥰

View attachment 313099
I'm a good influencer! 😁

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@fredman ……..i'm looking for your entry, but don't see it mate? ;)
I'll be a late entry...if that's ok with all ?
They are still fast asleep mate. Mid winter here. I wink at it every time I pass it. Already gave it the promise....as soon as it opens its eyes, it's coming out of that gunky soil. I even showed it the beautiful terracotta pot...and the kanuma 🤪

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'll be a late entry...if that's ok with all ?
They are still fast asleep mate. Mid winter here. I wink at it every time I pass it. Already gave it the promise....as soon as it opens its eyes, it's coming out of that gunky soil. I even showed it the beautiful terracotta pot...and the kanuma 🤪
Show us the money Matey... sleeping in the ground, beautiful pot and all! ;)
Winks are optional.
Cheers
DSD sends

Rivka

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hmmmm at what point does one need to admit that one plant may have become two?
and is there any reason you can't leave them living in harmony together or does familiarity bread contempt in them too....
probably wont know for a year or two at the next repot.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is a pretty loose bunch here, co-mingling is not only allowed, it's encouraged. Photos optional at this point, but remember we're all voyeurs here, too.

Top Bottom