best fertilizer

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Trace elements are good to have though. I am just looking for something simple.. either some pellets i can throw on the soil and just water normally or something I can dilute in a watering can and water with, every two weeks.
That's why I use the two products I use, they both have trace elements, and the PRS fert has mycorrhiza as well. Also doing both liquid and solid if it's rainy the pellets will feed the tree even when I'm not watering with the liquid.

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
I also use Portland Rose Society organic during spring, early summer and late summer. Not smelly, doesn't seem to attract critters. I used to use Green Dream, but this stuff is cheaper, and better.

How do you get your hands on this? There web site seems to suggest you need to go to there shows to purchase and Oregon is a long ways away.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wasn't aware others knew this recipe! Homeless work fine, but rich people will give you an extra 5-6 inches of growth per year... Something about the fat content maybe? :D

True, but too many people live off them so they are missed.

ed

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
How do you get your hands on this? There web site seems to suggest you need to go to there shows to purchase and Oregon is a long ways away.
I have an email for a person from the society. I will ask if he is open to me giving his email to other interested persons. I got his email from another member here on the site some time ago.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I wasn't aware others knew this recipe! Homeless work fine, but rich people will give you an extra 5-6 inches of growth per year... Something about the fat content maybe? :D

True, but too many people live off them so they are missed.

Does no one else feel how completely tasteless and unfunny this part of the thread is?

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does no one else feel how completely tasteless and unfunny this part of the thread is?
It is tasteless, which isn't surprising considering the source of the original comment. Unfortunately, ignore doesn't work on quoted material.

Actually, I take that back - it does work on quoted material, as long as you have the username included in the quote. So I was blissfully unaware of the original comment until you brought it up and I got curious.

benw3790

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That's why I use the two products I use, they both have trace elements, and the PRS fert has mycorrhiza as well. Also doing both liquid and solid if it's rainy the pellets will feed the tree even when I'm not watering with the liquid.
Thank you judy!

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've always gone organic, not going to claim its better though. I've always alternated between a couple or few products throughout the season in case one has deficiencies. Besides a couple additives I've never gone out of my way for a specific brand, just whatever's affordable and available. I'm considering ordering and trying this stuff though.

http://www.ghorganics.com/page29.html

I like the ingredients, still wouldn't use it every time I fertilize throughout a season.

Last edited:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Still fermenting soybean meal, has grubs dancing in it.

Simple compost seems to work nicely when added in teaspoonfuls.

So if finished trees only need 5/6 N 2 P 2/1 K and indoor plants for just fine on 1N 2 P 1 K , plus micronutrients, and the Germans are also making a Chemical version of the composted rapeseed meal / oil cake.

I guess the high fertiliser stuff will go to ground growing for trunks and say 6 branches, [perhaps also developing branchlets on trees.]

So it is artificial for rampant growth and organic for finished trees ???
Good Day
Anthony

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have received permission from Bill Hettick who I get the Portland Rose Society fertilizer from to pass along his email to interested bonsai people. So if you want to get some of this stuff, PM me and I'll give you his email. I just got a bag sent to me, cost me $34.00 shipped for a 22 lb. bag of pelletized fertilizer it's 5-4-4. The shipping is about half of the cost for me, so others may pay less or a bit more. The pellets are about like green dream, but it dissolves a bit more completely. Hagedorn uses this stuff too.

Top Bottom