ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
We've all done it - what bonsai related injury stands out in your memory?
An accidental scissor nip, a crush in the pliers, a hernia inducing large tree, a toe crushing drop . . .

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a good one! My brand new masakuni pruning saw went through that boxwood like butter, and kept right on going . . .

View attachment 135905

A little human cut paste (aka superglue) and all's well.

"When you care enough to harm yourself with the very best, use Masakuni".....:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a good one! My brand new masakuni pruning saw went through that boxwood like butter, and kept right on going . . .
A little human cut paste (aka superglue) and all's well.
That is called in training job injury! :)
Don't forget to update your tetanus vaccine.
Bonhe

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I put a rather large hole in my forehead picking up a very large RMJ with lots of pointy 300-400 year old jin... I wish I had a picture of the wound but here's the offending juni early in it's development. My forehead shortened the tree by over an inch that day:eek::(.
img_1335-2-jpg.2749

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Not been into it long enough to pick up much other than the odd scrape or Bougy stab(hot and itchy bastards). That said I sliced my hand open making a sandwich so bonsai disaster is inevitable. My best guess is it will be the dremel, in the conservatory by Professor Dumbass that will be my downfall.

Guy Vitale

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We literally put our blood sweat and tears into our bonsai. I sliced my thumb using a double edge Jin scrapper. completely my fault, first time using it and placed my thumb on the metal part for better leverage, forgetting it was sharp on both sides. Found out cut paste doesn't just work on trees.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I hurt myself too often as a kid. Now I overcompensate so I have yet to experience any major bloodletting with bonsai. However after moving to California I learned a series of valuable lessons about trimming Canary date palms... with their 10" spikes. Even today with a construction helmet, safety goggles, leather gloves and blue jeans they will still get me. Last time was through the top of a steel-toed leather work boot.

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
I put a rather large hole in my forehead picking up a very large RMJ with lots of pointy 300-400 year old jin...
Done that!
Also rip up my arms every time I collect junipers.

Top Bottom