Collected or from seed?

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah sure you need to let your tree over grow and control the growth throughout the tree for a good taper. But I plan to minimize that growth and so to not create massive cutbacks. I plan to have smaller and more controlled chops.

And when will we be able to see these marvelous bonsai you plan on creating? How long will it take?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Time will tell.
Ah. I'm just wondering if I will live long enough to see them.

Just curious... Why seeds only? Could you start with s cutting? Or an airlayer?

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
I do hope you have a long enough life! I am estimating that I will have, at best, some good beginners in 3 years.

I am not only doing seeds, I have some seeds started for some European Ashes that I plan to graft into 'aurea' cultivars. Oh yes I agree horticulture should be fully embraced. I also plan of doing some layerings for some cherries and 'Bloodgoods'.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Yes you can" kind of man,

This is kind of the same as when the police, or courts, told you, "no you can't!"
Right before jail!

In three years....
With this plan...
You can have a chop wound healed over on some good shit....

What will it take to help you in a way you can understand?

To grow a tree from a seed in the manner you describe to have no visible scarring and never have to chop anything will take a minimum of 3 generations to accomplish.

I get what you want....
But the path...
The path is....
Well...

I'm drunk!

Sorce

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
Fair enough, what will take you to listen? I DID say I would chop back but just not as severe and not drastically.

Actually there kiddo, I got free of my charges. I told the courts they had no evidence and would have to release me. Then they said exactly that.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fair enough, what will take you to listen? I DID say I would chop back but just not as severe and not drastically.

Actually there kiddo, I got free of my charges. I told the courts they had no evidence and would have to release me. Then they said exactly that.

you will grow and chop back and grow and chop back.

You and I are totally different!

Go figure!

You never said anything about getting free....

But, of course you didn't have any friends to water your trees. Go figure.

By the way....I'm not listening...
I'm reading....

And even drunk....

Doing it better than you!

Sorce

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
Actually, you read between the lines too often, and your 'insights' are incorrect. So naturally your 'guesses' are wrong. I make friends very easy, and often. In fact I gave my friends my trees. It was when I was in school. My portion of the green house was very vibrant and full of life. My friends loved my plants as I have a great gift for growing. Making friends is easy, you just be nice to people, something you seem to lack? Why so? Why be mean to people and insult them when you don't even know them?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why don't you listen to people that are trying to help you out?

That's why I sincerely asked....
What will it take to help you in a way you can understand?

Welcome to Crazy!

Don't fight it!

Sorce

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
I do listen to people who are trying to help me. So long as the information is valuable. Knowledge is power, but with the wrong kind of knowledge spring failure. You can not believe everything you hear. I know from experience that growing trees from seed is not that difficult for me, and wont take endless years to accomplish. THAT is simply what I know. Anything else is silly. And so here we are again back to your reading skills!! How does "spending 20 years accomplishing nothing" equate to help in your eyes? THAT is insanity bud. That is not called help in my books, that is called a curse. And it doesnt take reading bewteen the lines to figure that one out. Now how can I explain that to you in a way you will understand? Sounds friendly doesnt it? lol

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'm just a simple man, riding a rock, cruising through space.

If you have the time and dedication to grow from seed then gopher it.
Curious as why you asked collected or seed. Seems you have your mind made up. Most people in this hobby are older and don't have 25, 30 years to fiddle faddle with seedlings so you'll get alot of responses to not do such, or its a waste of time...different strokes for different folks.
I wish you the best of luck on your ventures, would hate to hear after twenty years of training from seed that tree dies from one simple mistake.

Also first post, hello forum.
Tiki

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm just a simple man, riding a rock, cruising through space.

If you have the time and dedication to grow from seed then gopher it.
Curious as why you asked collected or seed. Seems you have your mind made up. Most people in this hobby are older and don't have 25, 30 years to fiddle faddle with seedlings so you'll get alot of responses to not do such, or its a waste of time...different strokes for different folks.
I wish you the best of luck on your ventures, would hate to hear after twenty years of training from seed that tree dies from one simple mistake.

Also first post, hello forum.
Tiki

Welcome to Crazy...

Shoulda torched em....
It is fully expected from you!

Sorce

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks, I asked because I don't really know what people here prefer, collected or from seed? I was going for some info and suggestions, and to get to know some of you. So long as those suggestions were pointed to a positive direction. If they are not consider me blind to them. Oh and I am not nnew here although you prolly haven't seen me. I came in as a newbie years ago.

somnium

Sapling
Reaction score
"say not that I found the truth, but rather say I have found a truth"
-Kahlil Gibran

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am convinced man lies too much for the truth to even exist.

Dude was bullshitting.

Sorce

Top Bottom