Contests for the colder months

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
One thing is, I think that at the end of the contest you can only enter one tree? Buy as many trees as you'd like right now, but I'm guessing not everyone's gonna buy several.

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think he just means like this. You'll see foil wrapped flowers and plants all the time in the US. Do they not do this in Europe?View attachment 273331
That’s what I was thinking of. Really it was just meant as an example. I was just trying to keep it a little tree like the kind from grocery stores that show up around this time of year.l, like the one @brentwood showed. I don’t even think it’s a big deal getting them from Lowe’s or Home Depot or similar as long as they around the same size/shape.

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’m not the best at writing down what I’m picturing in my head and to make it worse I’ve been very sleep deprived lately so I apologize if I’m coming off with the wrong attitude or just sound like I’m off my rocker. 👍 Just want to have a little horticulture fun for winter time 😁

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Haha, as long as it's not an advanced amazing tree kicking everyone out of the ballpark already you are perfectly fine!
Well how the hell else am I going to win? :cool:

No, it’s a regular christmas tree in a pot. I got a Serbian spruce though because its the first time i’ve seen one and i like the bluey hue to the needles. It is 4 feet currently though.

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Well how the hell else am I going to win? :cool:

No, it’s a regular christmas tree in a pot. I got a Serbian spruce though because its the first time i’ve seen one and i like the bluey hue to the needles. It is 4 feet currently though.
Sounds cool buddy, cant wait to see yours.

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I kind of want to use some of the horticulture skills I’m learning and make one of these little trees into a really good looking mini Christmas tree and have some sort of pot styled like a fancy Christmas tree stand. Not for the contest but just for fun

Attachments

• 66241D7F-7FB2-40BA-9A1D-5AFF9B67A4A1.png
    66241D7F-7FB2-40BA-9A1D-5AFF9B67A4A1.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 6

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I kind of want to use some of the horticulture skills I’m learning and make one of these little trees into a really good looking mini Christmas tree and have some sort of pot styled like a fancy Christmas tree stand. Not for the contest but just for fun
I'm sure @sorce can make one. Just keep the red pot part and the legs and ditch the ring and you're all set.

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
While I get home later, I will create the official thread with information. Decided three years would be enough time. Think 1-2 years was really pushing it. See you all later.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Great idea! @sorce if you are up for it..?
We will talk when the tree is ready for it’s new Christmas tree stand 😀
Just saying, and not to do Mr Sorce out of any commissions, BUT, Mr ABCarve did do a wonderful lavender/tricorn round pot combo which was something of a modernest sci fi christmas tree base marvel

Check here somewhere https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/the-odd-species-for-bonsai-thread.40600/unread

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@sorce if you are up for it..?

It's a possibility. I will probably be without a kiln for at least 18 months so everything is kinda up in the air.

Sorce

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope this idea gets up and running - just got back from the grocery store with some good possible contestants!

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The thread has been posted. Everyone who is interested, check it out!

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The thread has been posted. Everyone who is interested, check it out!
Awesome! Thanks!

By the way update the date in the thread. You posted January 1st 2019. We're all disqualified!;)

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It's a possibility. I will probably be without a kiln for at least 18 months so everything is kinda up in the air.

Sorce
That’s ok for me. Let’s see if I can keep it alive until the contest is over, or near then. I’m still working on that part...

Sorry to hear about the kiln situation. Everything ok?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Everything ok?

Never and Always!

Just renting a joint I can't hook the 240v up in. Still seeing bout hooking up the 3 electrics into a monster gas or wood fired joint...or gas and wood.

I can't be away from it too long.

Sorce

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Never and Always!

Just renting a joint I can't hook the 240v up in. Still seeing bout hooking up the 3 electrics into a monster gas or wood fired joint...or gas and wood.

I can't be away from it too long.

Sorce
My Dad somehow received a small electric kiln for free and has zero experience using one, but wants to hook up the power to play with it. I really need to encourage that. It sounds addicting and he only live 10 mins from me.

Top Bottom