What does the back look like?
Here's what I see when I view this tree:
(1) Think of the second trunk as the primary branch. It is the interesting part of the tree. The design should pull your eye down to the lower left. The primary trunk should lean slightly left, apex should be to the left of the trunkline, etc.
(2) Get the secondary trunk off the ground. Lift it up and break the foilage mass into at least two groups to give it interest and make it look less like a single ball of foilage. Tighter foilage masses with breaks in them give the tree a sense of mass and scale. Make sure no branch on the primary trunk is directly over the secondary trunk.
(3) Introduce a back branch LOWER than the first branch on the right side of the tree. I know you have a scar back there but either let a bud grow, or graft a branch. This is very important for the design.
(4) De-emphasize the first branch on the right and bend it down - at least 30 degrees past horizontal. In a traditional bonsai sense, this branch is now your "secondary branch" and it should never conflict (or be larger or heavier) than your secondary trunk.
(5) In this angle you have a wierd sling shot up at the top of the trunk. The branches going to the left will be more important, so develop (and thicken) them, while de-emphasizing the branches going to the right.
Hope you like it!
LOL....I don't...but don't be offended.Nobody likes my chosen front or design either
Greg..seriously....you give so much thought and detailed explanations to your ideas that I always learn from them.It's very much appreciated.The vision and planning is what I struggle with the most.My trees tend to evolve gradually.Even if I don't agree with someone else's ideas on styling,the thought process that goes into them is very educational for me.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Ficus nerifolia propagated in a large outdoor pot||Tropicals||0|
|[Dingus] Willow Leaf Ficus (ficus nerifolia) #3||Root-over-rock , rock planting||5|
|[Dingus] Willow Leaf Ficus (ficus nerifolia) #1 & #2||Root-over-rock , rock planting||7|
|Ficus Nerifolia - stock tree(s)||Wanted to buy||0|
|Can this Ficus nerifolia grow more?||Tropicals||13|