Fall colours

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have this one little bit of fall purple left.

I had similar ones of unknown source, but a strange thing happened: sorts of "flowers" showed, the big leaves fell and it developped a kind of "cancer" of some sort, more and more flowers that swelled and then gradually turned brownish. A bit like those that Wires_Guy_wires posted, but it seems that the disease on mine was ten times worse. :oops:
And they had a very strong (though not unpleasant) smell.

Surely a sign of a fungal disease, so I totally removed the plants.

The Dutch already sent us the "Dutch Elm disease", I don't want them to send us more UBD (unidentified bonsai diseases). Let's make our country immune again! Let's build walls and borders, hire more mercenaries to track down the germs and kill them before they enter our "Douce France"!

Sorry for "the Germs", I didn't mean no harm, you know I even have Virus friends. Some of them are so well-behaved that they have a special place in my biotope.

Back to the sick maples:

I first thought of binning them at the local selective dumping site, but if they're diseased, I think I'd better let them dry out, then burn them.

Best option, innit?

Last edited:

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I had similar ones of unknown source, but a strange thing happened: sorts of "flowers" showed, the big leaves fell and it developped a kind of "cancer" of some sort, more and more flowers that swelled and then gradually turned brownish. And they had a very strong (though not unpleasant) smell.

Surely a sign of a fungal disease, so I totally removed the plants.

I first thought of binning them at the local selective dumping site, but if they're diseased, I think I'd better let them dry out, then burn them.

Best option, innit?

Have you checked if perhaps, it's a "flatstem"?
I forgot the botanical name for those malformations, but it happens a lot in MJ.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Have you checked if perhaps, it's a "flatstem"?
I forgot the botanical name for those malformations, but it happens a lot in MJ.

I haven't, but the stems aren't flat, they're round and sort of oily. Is that normal fo a maple?...

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
OK then, maybe I could scrape my fingers and keep the "paste" for some use, like "Tiger Balm" to ease out clogged aerial ways to the lungs and the brain?

If you use it like tiger balm, mix it with cedar resin. Otherwise, just plain heated olive oil. Great flavor agent for garlic bread. But if people eat too much, sometimes they get a little dizzy. I don't know why, maybe it's the wine.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
When the sun shines on this water (I was too late today) it’s actually blue. Because of some minerals or something inside.

Attachments

• 4C6EF7FF-3CE3-465C-87BF-C2B43967F530.jpeg
    4C6EF7FF-3CE3-465C-87BF-C2B43967F530.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 35

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you use it like tiger balm, mix it with cedar resin. Otherwise, just plain heated olive oil. Great flavor agent for garlic bread. But if people eat too much, sometimes they get a little dizzy. I don't know why, maybe it's the wine.
I love oil.
It's up to 98% pure.
Vaping.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Neighborhood maples are bright red, ginkgoes are starting to turn yellow, larches are at their peak right now. Elms, ash trees and most deciduous are bare.

These two are the most striking (or were, as this picture is from last week and the elm on the right barely has any leaves left right now).

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_161558.jpg
    IMG_20181025_161558.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom