Gotta Love Liquid Ambar Orientalis

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Huh. interesting. Yeah, I did a cross reference of San Gabriel Valley and Liquidambar orientalis and found this which mentions their presence in the Valyermo area. Evidently there are also some in Riverside, California and one in Fremont, California that's registered as a Big Tree.

Great colors on that tree. I should think it's worth the wait (for January) to see such beautiful foliage!

I believe the one's in Azuzsa were the one's being collected from and they are no longer there. The one in Riverside is listed as being sterile. I'm going to look into the one in Fremont
but that's up in Northern CA. It would be nice to have more seed though. They don't propagate well from cutting but do very well from root cuttings.

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
I know San Gabriel nursery sells seedlings but are a little pricey if you want to buy a lot. Are seeds not available online?

luckydevil728

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a couple for sale or trade locally?

Just posted a few in the selling and trade forum section. check them out...
local only in the Los Angeles area, im in Pasadena.

GerhardG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hi

Very nice, I tried it as a Maple replacement since they don't survive locally, but they were never happy under my care.
A bonsai friend had the same experience, but he bought some as gifts (just young nursery trees) that were planted in gardens and they thrive....

Well done B-)

Top Bottom