HELP! I think my azalea bonsai is dead

sjrossell

Seed
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have attached pictures of a Bonsai my husband got me for valentines day and i think it is dead.
He has a habit of over watering plants.
We also live in the High Rockies and even though it is inside the temperatures easily get to 30 degrees regularly and VERY dry.
If it is not dead do you have any recommendations on how to save it?
Thanks,
A very terrible and guilty plant mom.

Attachments

• 6BfC3CzSQ+q2D7UGfJyhyQ.jpg
    6BfC3CzSQ+q2D7UGfJyhyQ.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 52

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Your problems might of occurred from keeping it inside all the time, all trees like it outside much better? I am not familiar with their tolerance to temp, but if you could keep it outside somehow, it might come back.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
If the one or two green leaves are not crispy, it might not be totally dead yet. Keep it barely damp, not soggy, not bone dry. Bright shade. If in 4 weeks you do not see any new green growth, it is totally, 100% dead. Right now it is 99% dead.

I suggest it would be easier to just give up on this one and try again.

sjrossell

Seed
Reaction score
If the one or two green leaves are not crispy, it might not be totally dead yet. Keep it barely damp, not soggy, not bone dry. Bright shade. If in 4 weeks you do not see any new green growth, it is totally, 100% dead. Right now it is 99% dead.

I suggest it would be easier to just give up on this one and try again.

should i trim any of the branches or anything? the dead leaves? everything is incredibly brittle. I really think its a gonner...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Pretty sure it is dead. I have many dead ones. You know it when you see it. The leaf slowly turn brown. The process is much different then the normal leave shred.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi all,
I have attached pictures of a Bonsai my husband got me for valentines day and i think it is dead.
He has a habit of over watering plants.
We also live in the High Rockies and even though it is inside the temperatures easily get to 30 degrees regularly and VERY dry.
If it is not dead do you have any recommendations on how to save it?
Thanks,
A very terrible and guilty plant mom.
Yep. that's a goner. Recommend next time don't keep it inside...

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I'm afraid your tree is more than mostly dead. It is all dead. There is only one thing that you can do to an all dead bonsai: dump the tree and keep the pot. Sorry.

Top Bottom