Is Humus and Humic Acid snake-oil??

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How about man-made diamonds?
Can't hold a candle to Superman.
Actually the Chinese are the worlds leader in man made industrial diamonds. Did you read the article? It is short but excellent.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
Tried it. Quit. Didn't have any issue with it but noticed nothing in the year I used it as part of my regular routine. Figure I would save money.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Clearly Jesus put the diamonds there.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think the title of this thread leads us to believe her argument was against it as a snake oil.

I think her argument is different.

Sounds like though, "it works", is true, the mining and processing of it, could possibly be what causes our plants to be so unhealthy in the first place.

A fix that causes more that needs fixing.

Or IS that the definition of snake oil?

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Manufacturing processes, thankfully, concentrate the elements that we need to produce the products mankind needs to survive. If we were still producing materials and food the way we did back in the old days, half of us would be starved to death. I tire of those who suggest that we stop this or that instead of telling us how we can do it their way and still obtain the same net value. The soft brown coal available to be strip mined and tilled into gardens is almost unlimited, and one day not too distant will become a standard farming amendment, to the great advantage of the human race. It is too valuable to burn.

エドガー

Shohin
Reaction score
The go-to trio is fulvic + kelp + humic.

What kelp products do you guys suggest/use and what's their % strength of kelp (after mixed & RTU)?

I did a little searching on Amazon this morning, and most (if not all) bottles don't state % of kelp ...some Q&As state that they're almost 100% concentrated kelp; but one manufacturer said it's 10% kelp.

So, if 100% kelp concentrate, and instructions say 1-2oz per 1gal(128oz) water...
1oz / 128oz = 0.78% kelp after mixed
2oz / 128oz = 1.56% kelp
...is that correct? Idk, but it sounds kinda low

Top Bottom