goth_gardener

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9-1
Hey all! In zone 9b-ish microclimate West L.A.
Have a juniper I took over recently and restyled and potted. Previous owner said it was fertilized early winter and seemed to be pumping out some good growth.
I’ve had some funky whitish die back on the crown… given it superthrive, seaweed extract to help promote new foliage. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Hoping I don’t lose the crown, but looks like I may have to wait for a new Apex
😭
Leo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 43
Wire damage. Cut wire down to and jin down to next viable growth . It will be fine. Just learn from your experience.
Great, thank you! Were they twisted too tight?
And I used biogold pellets. Ok to apply and let slower release happen? Organic application every 2 months

Great, thank you! Were they twisted too tight?
And I used biogold pellets. Ok to apply and let slower release happen? Organic application every 2 months
Maybe twisted, but what the wire damage means is the cambium layer was broken. Could be moving a branch too far or too many times.
Using slow release it is ok to incorporate Alaskan fish emulsion 5:5:1 during development on a 7-10 day schedule. Variety is great.

Which is the front of the tree and what will be the apex? I like the structure and angle just unsure what the design goal looks like. Can you outline with edit/drawing?

Back
Top Bottom