LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello there!

I am still relatively new to Bonsai, but I do know the basics by now.
As for myself I am a Landscapegardener so it is nothing of a challenge to me to take care of special Flowers/Trees.
I own quite a variety of Citrus plants and European Orchids, they are known to be quite..... sensitive!

As for why I am here?
I recently bought this Tree online from a nice looking Resource.
It is a "Katsura" Maple and has quite the nice lean to it, with the lower branches it looks balanced to me.

Even tho one can tell easily that there is a lot going on in this Tree, I wont do much this year yet, but it would be nice to see what other people think of it!
As I live in a very alpine Environment, so it gets cold earlier and they are mooved to a cold greenhouse for some extra Protection.

The Tree itself is around 11 Years old and 32cm tall, very nice looking Tree. Couldnt resist to buy it.

(the weird plastic mark is the international Plant passport, it is already removed) Not hard to remember the Name of the Tree, so gorgoues!

As for the Shape, the Picture you see here, I like this Site the most, it has the lean to it, the lower branch is on the oposite site of the lean, and the crown is nicely round triangled.
I will need to prune it during Sprign when i actualy see the Tree with the Foliage on, so i can decide better what to take away.

The 2 Tree is not a Maple, so I excuse myself that i post it here in this categroy, just didnt want to make multiple posts.

The 2 Tree is a european Larch, larix decidua. It got a lot thiccer during this Summer and had plenty of Growth that got cut back.
The Shape was also trained during this Year and the wires have already ben removed as it kept its shape nicely,
However I struggle to make a Decision on which branches ot keep and which I will remoove.
As every gardener knows, excess branches can be used to thiccen the Trunk by keeping it there to a certain point and then cutting it.
Thats what i planed for the lower Branches, I am still unsure about the others tho...
If anyone hee has more Experience, I would love to hear their opinion!

Regards~

Carmen

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_153053.jpg
    IMG_20211107_153053.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20211107_153103.jpg
    IMG_20211107_153103.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20211107_153110.jpg
    IMG_20211107_153110.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 83
The 'Katsura' doesn't seem to be grafted. I think they're both good candidates to work with.

The 'Katsura' doesn't seem to be grafted. I think they're both good candidates to work with.
They dont get grafted here, rarely any of those are :) At least here!
Yes I agree, i cant wait to see it Flush the first time in spring!

Back
Top Bottom