Kurume Azalea

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Another year, another bloom time. I had hoped that it would be warm enough this year that it could be outside for blooming, but with the nasty cold nights, it's best to keep it in. Probably another few days then it can be out. A shame this one doesn't photograph better for depth, as it looks long and necky in the upper trunk. In person it has enough forward and back movement and looks much better. I went back to page 2 to look at the old images, and the tree has filled out nicely, and I've closed some of the open spaces a bit, it seem about where I wanted to go with it.

IMG_2572.jpgIMG_2573.jpgIMG_2574.jpgIMG_2575.jpgIMG_2576.jpgIMG_2577.jpgIMG_2578.jpgIMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2572.jpgIMG_2573.jpgIMG_2574.jpgIMG_2575.jpgIMG_2576.jpgIMG_2577.jpgIMG_2578.jpgIMG_2579.jpg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Looking great Judy! Vibrant blooms, excellent distribution.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looking great Judy! Vibrant blooms, excellent distribution.
Thanks!
The only place I don't seem to be able to get it to bloom well is on the lowest left pad on the inside. It doesn't get enough sun there I don't think. I will try putting the tree in a sunnier spot this summer and see if that helps.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks!
The only place I don't seem to be able to get it to bloom well is on the lowest left pad on the inside. It doesn't get enough sun there I don't think. I will try putting the tree in a sunnier spot this summer and see if that helps.
Lovely tree. You might try thinning out the pad above a bit more than usual as well for one season to see if it makes a difference!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lovely tree. You might try thinning out the pad above a bit more than usual as well for one season to see if it makes a difference!
Thanks Frank,
Was planning on that as well. I've never done a heavy thinning and repot on this tree in the same year, shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think, it's a vigorous tree for as old as it is.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Beautiful tree. The color of the blooms are so bright, like the tree is glowing.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Another year, another bloom time. I had hoped that it would be warm enough this year that it could be outside for blooming, but with the nasty cold nights, it's best to keep it in. Probably another few days then it can be out. A shame this one doesn't photograph better for depth, as it looks long and necky in the upper trunk. In person it has enough forward and back movement and looks much better. I went back to page 2 to look at the old images, and the tree has filled out nicely, and I've closed some of the open spaces a bit, it seem about where I wanted to go with it.

5D337B5E-D1ED-4044-8A5B-3075372F4669.png

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
All jokes and beloved cartoon characters aside... THAT AZALEA IS OVERWHELMINGLY BEAUTIFUL! WHY AM I YELLING?! I went from speechless in awe of the sheer splendor of those images, to screaming aggressively about them. ;)

Art IS supposed to inspire emotion.

Top Bottom