Logwood/Campeche/Bloodwood auction to (partially) benefit B-Nut.

Reaction score
To give this a bump...

These are awesome trees to work with and where I am from...
the starting off price for a tree this size is $150 to $200 dollars.

So, this is a good price, and these are fun to work on, for
those of you who have never had one...

I would put a bid in soon before the tree gets any smaller !!!
:)

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
If I had some extra funds, I'd definitely toss out a bid for this. It looks like a fun piece of material. Just no room in my budget this month.

agraham

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Free delivery is always good. I can wait. (if I win the auction,that is)

Andy

SMJ76

Sapling
Reaction score
Beautiful tree with a lot of possibilities with that dead wood, etc.

May I ask you, what would the proper shelter for this tree up here in Southestern, PA where we can have some pretty lousy winter weather from time to time? I know Rosade Bonsai simply place there trees (though not many tropicals that I know of there) in an unheated greenhouse of sorts, next to the studio. I'm guessing from the fact that this is a tree from Puerto Rico and its life has thus far lived in TX, to get it into the zone 6b area may very well be the worst region for this to live within? ...or???

Thanks in advance!
:D

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not sure how to answer that but I know I try to keep it above 50*F as much as possible and have proper lights since they keep growing through winter.

How you can provide these conditions in your area eludes me.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You could keep it house with well lit window I would imagine. It would probably sulk through the winter. Only a educated guess as I have never had this species only similar.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I grow tropicals indoors in the winter, because I have to, and I can say that the larger the tree the more difficult it is to take care of. Light is at a premium and I find it much easier to work with smaller tropicals up here in the north. They do great in the summer though, some bonsai nurseries should have tropical overwintering greenhouses you could use for the winter.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Is it wrong for me to bid on this tree?

It is not like a reserve since I will still pay the 20% to B-Nut if I win. :eek: ;)

agraham

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll up it to $100 because I know you have quite a bit more in it.

Andy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
CONGRATULATIONS Andy!!!

Thank you for your support and donation. Please contact B-Nut and send him the $20.00. We can settle ours when I deliver the tree. This will be a fun project tree and I am glad another "b-nut" got it (another reason I tried here instead of eBay). :)

Top Bottom