looking for large tray/pots

esteve59

Yamadori
Reaction score
Anyone know where the best place to buy tray/pots for forest and/or saikei plantings.....
Thanks

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
There's a guy on Ebay from the San Jose, CA area selling big pots. I got a few very large trays and pots from him for a fair price. Good luck!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
There's a guy on Ebay from the San Jose, CA area selling big pots. I got a few very large trays and pots from him for a fair price. Good luck!

If it's this seller...you're going to need good luck. They do have decent pots at a decent price, but the first time I bought a 21" pot from them ('08?), it arrived broken, it was replaced with another broken pot. They were friendly as anything, but tried to skimp on packing and it cost both of us.

I gave them another try this spring and bought a blue glazed pot. The shape was right, but arrived a very different color. For the price, I didn't complain, and chalked it up to lighting/photo quality, but did end up giving it away to a new club member.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I took one more shot and bought an oval pot that had a burnished look, with a lighter middle band; and darker top and bottom (top photo). What arrived was a plain brown pot (bottom photo). The seller admitted to "running out of the pot in the photo and sending this one instead." Again, nice as anything, but if I buy from them again, it will be for shape and size alone. For the money, they're inexpensive, but not at all consistent.
eBay Pot.JPG

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Odd. I have ordered from that supplier and had nothing but good experience. Prices are very reasonable for the pottery, packing has been superb. Packages have made it from the West Coast to the East Coast with no problems what so ever.

esteve59

Yamadori
Reaction score
Thanks for the input,,,,I am familiar with this guy,,,,actually I have bought several pots from him and fortunately I have had a good experience.
The packing was usually done very well.
My only complaint is the shipping can cost as much as the pots....

Top Bottom