Mame contest idea

Some time ago i placed an airlayer on a Japanese quince and cut it off yesterday

Im thinking of using it for the contest but maybe its going to be to big in the end hmmm

View attachment 150270
Defra, I say enter it if you don't have three yet involved in the contest. If it later DQ's...for being to tall. No fear, no foul. But if it stays in the guidelines you will regret not tagging it for the contest. My Goji...I question if it will end up a Shohin...or stay a Mame. But to not put in...really would bite if it stayed a Mame. I'm fine with it DQing as well. (Disqualifying by falling out of size permitted.)

Last edited:
I might have some competition for you on the "dodgiest before pic", lol! Have a large American elm clump I collected this spring, and am waiting to see if there's any chance of the big trunk surviving before throwing in the towel and going for mame with the smaller one :)

Laura

If nothing else and it survives I will have the dodgiest before pic for the before and after comparison.

View attachment 148783
See, it lives.

View attachment 148784

For now.

Defra, I say enter it if you don't have three yet involved in the contest. If it later DQ's...for being to tall. No fear, no foul. But if it stays in the guidelines you will regret not tagging it for the contest. My Goji...I question if it will end up a Shohin...or stay a Mame. But to not put in...really would bite if it stayed a Mame. I'm fine with it DQing as well. (Disqualifying by falling out of size permitted.)

True i entered it

Sure it can be removed if you wish but not more than one time per contestent !
I would imagine a reason for pulling should apply. Like...if my Goji disqualifies for eventually getting to tall. I will just end it with tree disqualified by outgrowing Mame height. But...feel it would/should be left in. So it can at least be seen as once a contender...even if no longer applying. Then...once DQ falls into place. No more photos of it progressing for contest.

But if tree dies or they find a better one what before end of final date of material one time can be pulled?

Last edited:
After the entry date has passed no more swapping

After dq by to big you are allowed to continue with updates because progressions are cool

When a tree gets disqualified it wont be posted in the final vote thread

Keep in mind if you grow out a branch to fatten up something it can be taller than 6" as long on update photos its below 6"

Sounds fair?

After the entry date has passed no more swapping... ...
Until then chances are that I will remove my Olea europaea and replace it with something else.... Just letting you know.... :)

And some progress photos :)

Bougainvillea nana
Photo0822_zpsp2ly7byy.jpg

Under the surface the roots were a real mess!
Photo0825_zpsxo8ddrhh.jpg
Photo0831_zpschbm7h3x.jpg

Photo0827_zpsougf980u.jpg

Hi Darlene!
Yes, of course! I have put it in a pot with its original soil and wait :)
No news so far...

Back
Top Bottom