Missed dig opportunity :(

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I saw the original pics and not to rub it in, but you really missed out. That juniper had some of the best pre bonsai qualities I have seen on a colllected tree post. When I say bonsai qualities, I mean the dead wood and the live portion were completely visible and distint from each other. Also, no drastic reductions, grafting or chops were neccessary. Basically, all you had to do was wire, prune and style what you had and repot. I believe this tree might have been able to be shown in 3 years.

Rob

Rob...and those are not as nice as the others. I did miss out.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dario, you are going to have to start selling some material or open a bonsai nursery if you keep getting material.

^^^ If you're ever feeling overloaded, I'm feeling underloaded if you catch my drift :p

I know and I just might end up doing that. I just added 6 trees in my collection the past week. I will surely unload some at our bonsai club...just give the so-so materials away to anyone interested to free up some space.

If I sell some, you guys will know. :)

nip

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How many trees you own, Dario? Your backyard must be a site to see!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How many trees you own, Dario? Your backyard must be a site to see!
A lot more than I should cram in my small yard. :( Let's just say I should be keeping no more than a third (maybe a fourth) of what I have now.

I do not have much to show yet but I think I have some promising pieces...I just hope I can bring those out properly.

Thanks.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Worst post ever with no pics. :p I just went on a dig for 1000 year old pines. Will post pics soon......:rolleyes:

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Call the nearest Agway - They have their own Branded Dry Stall and if they do not carry it they can and will add to their order for you free and call you when it is at the store. Tractor Supply does the same thing. Huge bag a little under 16 dollars...

Grimmy

So, what exactly is dry stall made out of? I was looking it up and they say it is some sort of volcanic material mixed with DE as best I can tell... Are these generic ones made by Agway and Tractor supply made out of pumice?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So, what exactly is dry stall made out of? I was looking it up and they say it is some sort of volcanic material mixed with DE as best I can tell... Are these generic ones made by Agway and Tractor supply made out of pumice?

Don't mix up "Stall Dry" and "Dry Stall". Dry Stall is made by:

address_footer.jpg

http://www.drystall.com/dry_stall.html

Dry Stall is pumice.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Worst post ever with no pics. :p I just went on a dig for 1000 year old pines. Will post pics soon......:rolleyes:

Sorry, being the excitable me, I jumped creating this thread w/o getting the proper permission. After much talks (with the group) I was given permission w/ some caveats but I ultimately decided not to post any pictures.

My apologies.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just out of interest. What would be a reason of not posting pics of collected trees? Just curious. Seems strange unless people were in the photos.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just out of interest. What would be a reason of not posting pics of collected trees? Just curious. Seems strange unless people were in the photos.

From post #12
I got lots more pics BUT because they were taken with an iPhone, I cannot post them in fear of the info getting data mined. I am very sorry.

I can say that lots of what was shown later are much better than the 3 pics I posted initially. Some will rival the best yamadori materials I've seen posted here. Some remind me of the old brittlecone pines! :eek:

If the Live Oak that was collected survives, that will be a killer specimen. I would dare say the best Live Oak I've seen including all Google pics and in shows. :eek:

Teaser but that is all I can share now...and the more sorry I am to miss the opportunity. :mad:

I know the GPS tag can be removed but was told that there is more than one area where it is and the "other area"...you cannot clean. It is reserved for the "intelligence community" and others who know how to look into it.

Top Bottom