New common Juniper from the Ishii's

LOL that is not a "common juniper". That is one of Mas Ishii's needle junipers. They are almost legendary here in the southland. They are supposedly all from the same parent stock. Mrs. Ishii (Gary's mom) has a big one that I have wanted to buy forever, but she won't sell. It is her personal tree. It is on display on the first table in their nursery.

LOL that is not a "common juniper". That is one of Mas Ishii's needle junipers. They are almost legendary here in the southland. They are supposedly all from the same parent stock. Mrs. Ishii (Gary's mom) has a big one that I have wanted to buy forever, but she won't sell. It is her personal tree. It is on display on the first table in their nursery.

Hmm..well based on the written description that was given from Mr. Cochoy when he sold the trees it is referred to as "Common Juniper in April Grigsby round." I hope you realize that in calling it a common juniper I was referring to the species J. Communis. This certainly does not appear to be the Tosho that many often refer to as needle juniper and from all photographic evidence the Common Juniper title looks accurate.
I appreciate the potential background information on it. I plan to give Gary a call to get the full scoop (I'm most interested in an age estimate, all I know at this point is that it was originally purchased in 2002.)

Hmm..well based on the written description that was given from Mr. Cochoy when he sold the trees it is referred to as "Common Juniper in April Grigsby round." I hope you realize that in calling it a common juniper I was referring to the species J. Communis. This certainly does not appear to be the Tosho that many often refer to as needle juniper and from all photographic evidence the Common Juniper title looks accurate.
I appreciate the potential background information on it. I plan to give Gary a call to get the full scoop (I'm most interested in an age estimate, all I know at this point is that it was originally purchased in 2002.)

I am almost positive that it is one of their Juniperus rigida (Tosho). I have one very similar in appearance and styling that I've had about 6 years(?). Of course, any time I say I am almost positive of ANYTHING I am probably wrong. I'm sure if you sent Gary a photo he would identify it instantly.

raydomz, check your pm's.:D

Rob

Sorry haha, I'm terrible with that.

I am almost positive that it is one of their Juniperus rigida (Tosho). I have one very similar in appearance and styling that I've had about 6 years(?). Of course, any time I say I am almost positive of ANYTHING I am probably wrong. I'm sure if you sent Gary a photo he would identify it instantly.

Well I would be thrilled if it was the rigida. I find needle junipers to be far more interesting than the scale-foliage counterparts. No worries haha, like I said, I'm just going by what was written on a piece of paper. Do you know if Gary has an email he operates from? I was only able to find a phone number. Worst case I'll call.

Back
Top Bottom