New here and need some help with green juniper.

Excells

Seed
Reaction score
So my mother gifted me a green juniper bonsai for new years. Im going to be honest with you Im new to plants. Before you guys crucify me, Ive done some research of my own. I live in central Texas so sun is not an issue. I have windows facing all directions during the day for full 6-8 hours of sunlight. I know from ive read my tree is best suited outdoors which im not opposed to. I just need some guidance on how do it without killing the tree. The next week the entire state of Texas is going to get a "deep freeze" and don't want that to kill my tree either. With normal Texas weather obviously heat. Sunlight. random cold, My big questions are. Should i buy a outdoor miniature green house for the tree or is the elements outside enough for the tree? If i want to move indoors with the cold periods as long as its in full sun for 6+ hours a day is it going to be fine indoors? I gotten the jist of watering it ect. Please don't destroy me for asking these questions. Really want to make sure this thing thrives and survives. Dont wanna kill it.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
You can bring it in during the cold snaps, a few days won't hurt. I leave mine out during mild freezing, but will protect during this deeper cold

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Likely the tree is not prepared for hard freeze. So if it were mine, Id keep it inside through the freeze, misting it daily, giving it as much light as possible, watering when needed... but as soon as the freeze passes, Id transition to outdoors full time and bring it inside when temps drop below freezing until the spring when Id leave it outside for good.

Top Bottom