244.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 153A3AC3-C7EF-4648-887A-B4489177905D.jpeg
    153A3AC3-C7EF-4648-887A-B4489177905D.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 12

Darran

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tree has finally lost all its leaves, is that the end of the line for it.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Dang! I missed the last couple new posts on this thread.. is it outside, yet?

You say that putting it outside was the cause of it’s problems.. or didn’t help it..

For “day 1” it should only be 1-2(max) hours of direct sunshine.. did you perhaps go longer..

Everything here.. including tender succulents, has been “out” for over 2 weeks... My serissas have been out longer, actually.. they “move” with ficus and punicas, in my routine.

My observations from the first two Serissas that I killed, lead me to believe that.... they use the summer months to recover from the “indoor hell” (to a plant) that IS an uncontained, SEMI-controlled indoor area. My Serissas grow very well indoors.. now. In my FIRST two “grow situations”, they limped (actually even decline sometimes in Autumn) all winter to TRY and bounce back in summer... One died... then the “acid-water fiasco” killed the other.

The live ones I have now do well.. but I believe both Experience and a more-efficient-than-last-time growing area are to blame.

Darran

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dang! I missed the last couple new posts on this thread.. is it outside, yet?

You say that putting it outside was the cause of it’s problems.. or didn’t help it..

For “day 1” it should only be 1-2(max) hours of direct sunshine.. did you perhaps go longer..

Everything here.. including tender succulents, has been “out” for over 2 weeks... My serissas have been out longer, actually.. they “move” with ficus and punicas, in my routine.

My observations from the first two Serissas that I killed, lead me to believe that.... they use the summer months to recover from the “indoor hell” (to a plant) that IS an uncontained, SEMI-controlled indoor area. My Serissas grow very well indoors.. now. In my FIRST two “grow situations”, they limped (actually even decline sometimes in Autumn) all winter to TRY and bounce back in summer... One died... then the “acid-water fiasco” killed the other.

The live ones I have now do well.. but I believe both Experience and a more-efficient-than-last-time growing area are to blame.

its still indoors as a previous post told me to stop moving it around, and it was too cold in the uk to go outdoors, it’s still cool here and very very wet and windy at the moment.
it’s getting 16hrs light via lamps and positioned in the brightest window I have.
I could put it outside, but as I say conditions are not what it would like here in the UK at the moment.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would have guessed most of the UK is out of frost danger. Once you get lows that are well above freezing I would put it outside, especially when it is suffering from indoorlows.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I would have guessed most of the UK is out of frost danger. Once you get lows that are well above freezing I would put it outside, especially when it is suffering from indoorlows.
This is kind of what I’m saying.. I live in a damn igloo. 🤣. considerably colder than most of the UK, I believe...

Darran

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is kind of what I’m saying.. I live in a damn igloo. 🤣. considerably colder than most of the UK, I believe...
Maybe,

but it’s not just cold serrisa don’t like wind or being very wet, we have just had two weeks of very windy and extremely wet weather. I have put it outside now lets see if it helps

Top Bottom