New place for quality bonsai pots, tools and supplies.

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Does anyone have experience with the Master Grade stainless tools? I've been pondering an order of a few pots and a few tool upgrades. I don't mind spending $50 ea as long as they are quality. The cheap carbon steel concave cutters that I bought locally last year are already showing wear after only a few uses. Thoughts would be appreciated.

http://www.bonsaivision.com/category-s/1833.htm

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Does anyone have experience with the Master Grade stainless tools? I've been pondering an order of a few pots and a few tool upgrades. I don't mind spending $50 ea as long as they are quality. The cheap carbon steel concave cutters that I bought locally last year are already showing wear after only a few uses. Thoughts would be appreciated.

I'd get this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Bonsai-Branch-cutter-KANESHIN-3A-Regular-Edge-/390591136333

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Thanks, Dario. Does the black steel retain a blade better than stainless?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks, Dario. Does the black steel retain a blade better than stainless?

Yes. But note that there are different grades and the best Stainless is better than so-so black steel. Kaneshin is a great brand (one of the best actually)...you should have no problems with it. :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Well I got my pots today and none of them were broken, which is always a good sign :) I really like the quality! Going to be ordering more!

LOL...what happened to this? ;)

I said "share the love" but I didn't mention anything about pots :)

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well I got my pots today and none of them were broken, which is always a good sign :) I really like the quality! Going to be ordering more!
Thanks for the review. That is quick delivery too!

I said "share the love" but I didn't mention anything about pots :)
Spoken like a true B-Nut! I am so proud of you. LOL ;)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
ARGH! Those stands are tempting me. It makes it a lot easier to dress up a private indoor display area at those prices and they look plenty nice enough for that.

Grimmy

bonsaivision

Seedling
Reaction score
Bonsai vision

I appreciate all of your input about our website. I am fixing the problems that some of you had indicated were troublesome and am trying to make sure that the website is easy to use. If any one needs to talk to me directly you are free to call me at anytime. We will be adding to our product mix as time goes on so if any of you have suggestions about what we need to carry let me know.

Thanks

Jim

Attachments

• logo_293488_print bonsai vision logo high resolution copy copy copy (1).jpg
    logo_293488_print bonsai vision logo high resolution copy copy copy (1).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 5

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I appreciate all of your input about our website. I am fixing the problems that some of you had indicated were troublesome and am trying to make sure that the website is easy to use. If any one needs to talk to me directly you are free to call me at anytime. We will be adding to our product mix as time goes on so if any of you have suggestions about what we need to carry let me know.

Thanks

Jim
Hey Jim welcome. Never thought I'd seen you on a forum welcome to the 21st century.
Its great to see you are off and running so well- good products, good prices and great customer service- you'll do well.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am fixing the problems that some of you had indicated were troublesome and am trying to make sure that the website is easy to use.

I did not find this "troublesome" but I wanted to let you know that I got a "your order has shipped" email AFTER my pots had arrived. So I got two shipping emails - the first On Wednesday the 29th (from the USPS) and the second on Monday the 3rd (from you directly). My pots arrived on Friday the 31st.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Thanks

Jim

You need to work on your percentages on your soil mix, unless you really are giving 110%.

bonsaivision

Seedling
Reaction score
I did not find this "troublesome" but I wanted to let you know that I got a "your order has shipped" email AFTER my pots had arrived. So I got two shipping emails - the first On Wednesday the 29th (from the USPS) and the second on Monday the 3rd (from you directly). My pots arrived on Friday the 31st.

When I ship the products I email you so that you know that it is on its way. There is a place on the administrator site that I have to close the order and I guess it sends another email when I close the order. I wait until I have confirmation that the order is received before I close the order so I can double check that it has been received. I will see if there is a way to not email when I close the order. Thanks for the input.

Jim

Top Bottom