New (to me) bonsai work station :)

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A month ago my wife saw a nice wooden cabinet with a turntable on eBay and she was forcing me to purchase it. Her selling point is so I can have my tools near me when I am working on my trees (wow and she really was trying hard!). I hesitated because it is a bit expensive and I have several bar stool I am using already.

Anyway, last week I was checking Craigslist and noticed an old dented but descent shape 17 drawer Craftsman tool cabinet with the lower portion (5 drawers) on casters. I purchased it and is now my bonsai work station with a lazy susan on top. It is so much better & convenient since I now have everything (bonsai tool and supplies) organized and within reach!

The 2 top sections (7 drawers + flip top storage) are in my garage as a bonus...doing what they are originally designed for...tool storage.

It really worked great for me and just sharing the idea. :)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Good luck with your bonsai work station. I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench into the works but I predict that in two years you will out grow it----or the size of your collection will. I have found with personal experience that any attempt to become organized meets with failure. Of course that's just me, I hope you do better.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Good luck with your bonsai work station. I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench into the works but I predict that in two years you will out grow it----or the size of your collection will. I have found with personal experience that any attempt to become organized meets with failure. Of course that's just me, I hope you do better.
Vance,

Thanks and I am almost wishing your prediction is correct ;) LOL

We will see, but for now I have extra space in it as I keep all the big stuff (i.e. pots and extra/duplicate tools & supplies) in the garage. For me, this is a huge leap from plain bar stool... and I am savoring the moment :eek:

My wife will surely help keep me in check as well since she wants to maintain our little sitting space in our (small) patio.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For some reason, I'm reminded of Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors. "to be a dentist...".

"feed me seymore"

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm smiling though I haven't seen that movie (I am assuming it is a movie). :eek:
Thanks! (for the smile)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I'm smiling though I haven't seen that movie (I am assuming it is a movie). :eek:
Thanks! (for the smile)

Originally I think it was a stage play. It was made into a movie back in the 60"s, and again in the 80"s or 90's with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin. Worth watching if you don't have a problem with parody and kitsch. The music is pretty good, fiftyish but well done.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Originally I think it was a stage play. It was made into a movie back in the 60"s, and again in the 80"s or 90's with Rick Moranis and Steve Martin. Worth watching if you don't have a problem with parody and kitsch. The music is pretty good, fiftyish but well done.

Also starring a monster of a bonsai tree/plant/thing that responds well to whatever nutrients it's being fed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
He-he-he

Now I am worried why my work station pics reminded HotAction that movie. LOL

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He-he-he

Now I am worried why my work station pics reminded HotAction that movie. LOL

It was the combo of the dental picks and the pliers that brought me right back to the "mad dentist" scene.

Top Bottom