Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection - MANY IMBEDDED PHOTOS!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
To celebrate the Rim's re-opening... a selection of photographs I took the other weekend.

Enjoy!

Victrinia

PS... Harry I put the flowering and deciduous trees at the end so they wouldn't interupt your enjoyment of the conifers.... skipp the rest once you see a green leaf. ;)

NickLenzLarch-1.jpg

mountainhemlock2.jpg

mountainhemlock1.jpg

JuniperForrest.jpg

JuniperForrestmacro.jpg

Juniper2.jpg

Juniper-1.jpg

AmyLaingPine.jpg

AmyLaingJuni.jpg

chineseelm.jpg

JapaneseMaple.jpg

Last edited:

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
WoW I get to be the first person to say, Thanks Ms. Victrinia for posting such a great collection of photos! What a bunch of trees! I do hope that I get to visit the collection in person some day.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
lol... oh it appears you must have had a happy trigger finger moment....lol because now it's fixed. :D:D:D

And your welcomed.... and I do hope you'll see it some day... and swing by Elandan while you are at it. :D

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dear... Whenever one can, one should treat photos like the big bad wolf...

All the better to see them with. :D:D

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dear... Whenever one can, one should treat photos like the big bad wolf...

All the better to see them with. :D:D

....but all the better to lose them with....

At least over time with todays poor servers. At least when they are saved to this web sites server they remain in the archives for many years. Embedded pics never see more than a year.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well for your sake - though as far as I know, every imbedded photo I've ever done is still in place - I'll post the "web versions" later today.

But I wanted to imbedded them so that the quality would be high and the image size also high. I can get the image size high here now (thank god) but I still have to sacrifice image quailty to do it. Though I confess that Bnut is a lot more generous than BT ever was about it. :D Another fact for which I am grateful....

V

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice, who maintains the trees ?

keep it green,
Harry

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
David DeGroot is the curator of the collection. He's originally from the south and was part of Vaughn Banting's study group back in the day... he's been up here the last 20 years or so, most of which has been with the collection.

V

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Was just on facebook with a friend in Kent and one of her friends told her that the exhibit was closed. Is it?

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
David DeGroot is the curator of the collection. He's originally from the south and was part of Vaughn Banting's study group back in the day... he's been up here the last 20 years or so, most of which has been with the collection.

V

David DeGroot has an excellent book Called: Basic Bonsai Design. It can be purchased from ABS site.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
David DeGroot has an excellent book Called: Basic Bonsai Design. It can be purchased from ABS site.

Sadly... it's out of print. I've been meaning to bug Dave about that... he really needed to get it reprinted. So if you see a copy at a convention, GRAB IT.

I've actually got to mail mine to DaveG.... so he can have a chance to read it. :)

V

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, absolutely gorgeous trees and fantastic photography! Thanks very much for sharing.

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Great to hear that Collection is re-opened! I'd love to be able to re-visit some time.

Can anyone help me with a question about this tree? I seem to remember its plaque saying it has been in training since the year 1505. Am I remembering right?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection 038.jpg
    Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection 038.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom