Pilacik bonsai at eBay (Thumbs down)

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Outrageous. The nine inch has a chop mark in his listing. Not sure what it is, but it's definitely not CHINA.

The pic I posted above says "China" and is on the other side of the 9" tool you saw. The 12" doesn't have any mark or chop.

horibonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I purchase a pine tree from him and received it in bad condition. I'm still trying to get the pine to recover in health.
This is his website base on his profile:
http://www.matsumomiji.com/
He declare himself as "American Pine Master" From what I received, he's far from it. I made no complaints to ebay since I think the pine is recoverable.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I purchase a pine tree from him and received it in bad condition. I'm still trying to get the pine to recover in health.
This is his website base on his profile:
http://www.matsumomiji.com/
He declare himself as "American Pine Master" From what I received, he's far from it. I made no complaints to ebay since I think the pine is recoverable.

Next time, check Don Blackmond (member here) or Muranaka bonsai for JBP...they both offer great value trees IMHO

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
looks like Kiku has a student and pro grade, both would have a chop on them.

small trees

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Dario, I'd also let him know that you're keeping everyone up to date on how he's treating this situation. Maybe link him to this thread. The possibility of losing a lot of business might scare him straight.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
looks like Kiku has a student and pro grade, both would have a chop on them.
Thanks Bill. I agree and think they all get their chop or name...half of the price (or more) is about branding.

Dario, I'd also let him know that you're keeping everyone up to date on how he's treating this situation. Maybe link him to this thread. The possibility of losing a lot of business might scare him straight.
I won't do that. If anyone wants to contact him, feel free to do so, I have nothing to hide. I would like him to act the way he would normally and not be pressured by this thread. Even if I lose my money and get stuck w/ Chinese tools.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got these Chinese elms from him. 1 corkbark and 2 regular. Came shipped very well and a good price. I'm sorry to hear about your problems Dario because he was great with me. It's too bad. I hope it gets resolved.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did it again! Here is the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20140609_190424_200.jpg
    IMG_20140609_190424_200.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 131

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Dario,
He clearly is not interested in helping you. Just open a case as soon as eBay lets you. Upload your pics and why you believe they they were misrepresented. Believe it or not, eBay sides with the buyer 9 times out of 10, unfortunate for good sellers who get a dishonest buyer, but warranted in a case like yours. I think they are afraid to lose buyers, which is why they do this. Worst case, you will have to pay to ship them back to him. If you do use a priority mail regional rate box A from us postal service. Should be able to get delivery confirmation with it & I believe they come with free insurance up to $100 now too if he would claim it arrived "broken". At any rate, good luck with your case.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It seems to me The Great American Pine Master (?) would be savvy enough to understand that his name and reputation would be better served by his making this right. If Kiku tools have degraded to this level then perhaps he should not be selling them any longer. Trying to convince someone that a Hugo is really a Rolls Royce is the height of hubris.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Apparently he has heavily tarnished reputation already (someone PMed me this).

Thanks everyone. It is a waiting game for me now since eBay apparently force seller & buyer to deal with each other first and they won't (physically) get in the mix until 3 weeks (I believe) then make a final decision at day 30 or so.

Up until then (3rd week), everything is just automated (so I was told). Win-win for eBay, they reduce intervention and keep the money for at least 30 days. LOL

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ebay sides with the buyer almost all of the time. The one time I lost was when I overpaid for shipping with the promise that I would only pay "Actual shipping." I was overcharged $120. Ebay told me they don't involve themselves with shipping rate issues. The guy quit being a seller on ebay just to avoid the whole situation.

I'm guessing it will end up okay for you.

Jason_mazzy

Chumono
Reaction score
I have had cases escalated in less than 24 hours. you can do the same and I believe there is a number you can call to get this moving much faster.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have had cases escalated in less than 24 hours. you can do the same and I believe there is a number you can call to get this moving much faster.

Thanks. I'll check but if you don't mind...please PM me the number (or post) if you still have it. Thank you.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Can't find any phone number in eBay...if it is there, they are hiding it well.

Apparently, I can escalate in 3 days...maybe a link will appear at that time but still hidden for now. Thanks for the lead. :)

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can't find any phone number in eBay...if it is there, they are hiding it well.

Apparently, I can escalate in 3 days...maybe a link will appear at that time but still hidden for now. Thanks for the lead. :)

You will never find an ebay phone number. dont bother!!

MidMichBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I agree with the rest. You would think a true professional would care more about their reputation and do whatever it took to make a situation like this right. Reputation is everything; especially if your livelihood or even a good chunk of spending money is based on it.

Good to know who to watch out for!

Top Bottom