Pinus Contorta var. contorta (coastal shore pine)

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great you had personal Superman on your side:D. Please add location to profile for better help in future. Good fortune with new trees.

RickMartin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Not sure how well these backbud, hopefully it will put out some next season.

Rick

Chris Swink

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Not sure how well these backbud, hopefully it will put out some next season.

Rick
I will surely find out. Either way though. If it does it does and if not then I am fine with that as well. In my opinion this variant of this species is the most beautiful of the three pinus contorta. I love the sparsity of folige and the windswept binjin look. My favorite style of bonsai

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
image.jpeg
I will surely find out. Either way though. If it does it does and if not then I am fine with that as well. In my opinion this variant of this species is the most beautiful of the three pinus contorta. I love the sparsity of folige and the windswept binjin look. My favorite style of bonsai

They do back bud .........it's a favorite species around the PNW......this is the top of my tallest one collected 3 days ago ( 1 of 8).

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@Chris Swink - Nice finds, both have eventual bunjin potential. If you haven't done collecting before, be sure to give these a couple years to stabilize and create new root systems. Don't start working on them right away next year. Wait until you get a full cycle (year) with vigorous growth. Let them build energy before pruning, chopping, or repotting again.

@ghues - The shadow on the wall says it all. Nice bunjin, love the subtle movement.

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey Leo......you saw it too......its just over six feet tall
Collected a number of potential literati and while my buddy and I were collecting we joked about coming bac for a few more .....for a literati forest.....is there such a thing lol. G.

Top Bottom