Pinus contorta var murrayana progression

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
This is still the long term target. I think I have the plan to get there.
One thing I have learned on my white pine, if you have a plan of bending the trunk or branches a lot, do it as fast as possible. The longer you wait, the more everything thickens and the more difficult it gets.

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How is this tree doing today

How is this tree doing today, can you post an update?
The root work this year may have been one step forward and two steps back, but I think it’ll still work in the long run:

73084FCB-9135-4715-B9E7-221301D080F7.jpeg

The planting angle is a bit too vertical, but that’s to prepare it for the next wrenching downward I’ll get to when possible.

Overall, the root work to introduce nice coarse soil and to reduce the bulk will set this tree up for success. The foliage is looking a bit like a wonderful shore pine, now that I have it heavily bifurcated.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The root work this year may have been one step forward and two steps back, but I think it’ll still work in the long run:

View attachment 404822

The planting angle is a bit too vertical, but that’s to prepare it for the next wrenching downward I’ll get to when possible.

Overall, the root work to introduce nice coarse soil and to reduce the bulk will set this tree up for success. The foliage is looking a bit like a wonderful shore pine, now that I have it heavily bifurcated.
Looking very healthy, appreciate the patience to set the foundation in the beginning! Good Plan.

Top Bottom