Planning ahead for the future....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, I wake up, have a cup of coffee with my bonsai, go to work, close a couple deals, settle in for a nice lunch and pop in here to see Al is still whining like a baby, stomping his feet, and crying. Well, in response to his stupidity, once again....

no. I can judge a book by it's cover and in this case we are dealing with a self admitted plagerist, a liar and a cheater.
Lose your dictionary Jethro? Try a spell check program so your 6th grade education doesn't betray your intelligence.

Al's reference to plagiarism is about an introduction to a article I wrote years ago, which still contains a notation to the mistake, you can see this at http://knowledgeofbonsai.org/articles/techniques/tool-usage/chopsticks-bonsais-most-versatile-tool/

Since that time, you can be sure Al and his fellow bt'ers have dissected every article I have ever written or published, the mistake was never repeated. Since then I have also published quite a few articles in major bonsai publications and it seems that only Al thinks it was somehow harmful to me. He does live in quite an interesting fantasy world.

As to being a liar and a cheat, consider the source, over the last couple days of this stupid attack by Al, I have shown at least three instances where he lied and proved it, he has never done the same. I have often noticed that a thief has the biggest locks and a liar is the first to call others liars. This is a new low for Al, and just when I thought he couldn't stoop any lower under that rock head of his....

You have shown absolutely no good reason why I would want to buy a book from you. You have never posted one decent tree in the entire life of internet discussion. You progressions show absolutely no growth in atistic arbility, and frankly your views on bonsai are very skewed.
Damn, then I guess if you are not going to buy one, I'll just call the whole thing off :rolleyes:

Thanks for your opinion Al, I'll take it at its full worth, which is basically that of as bug guts on a windshield.

You may be right, I think it is very personal. You give real bonsai a bad name and frankly you are nothing to the communnity. You think you are but no, your not.
Oh, I am so shattered that the great "Internet Master" Al Keppler thinks badly of me, lol, I'll take that as a compliment and a badge of honor. I have accomplished more for the community than you ever will, your envy is sickening.

Go play with your pinus, you can grow them there, can't you?

Will

Women want me
Trees fear me
Al Keppler wants to be me

;)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Women want me If they want to be divorced six months later
Trees fear me If I was a tree I would fear you, I've seen what you do to them
Al Keppler wants to be me You mean Al Keppler wants to beat me...there you go.;)

Rave on lunatic

Get it straight Will I'm the moron, your the editor.

Speaking of editing, I know about four people that were going to buy Robert's new book. When they found you had something to do with editing it they have decided to back off. Like I said you are bad for the community and you are now even beginning to tarnish other people's works.

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Al's reference to plagiarism is about an introduction to a article I wrote years ago, which still contains a notation to the mistake, you can see this at http://knowledgeofbonsai.org/articles/techniques/tool-usage/chopsticks-bonsais-most-versatile-tool/

Since that time, you can be sure Al and his fellow bt'ers have dissected every article I have ever written or published, the mistake was never repeated. Since then I have also published quite a few articles in major bonsai publications and it seems that only Al thinks it was somehow harmful to me. He does live in quite an interesting fantasy world.

As to being a liar and a cheat, consider the source, over the last couple days of this stupid attack by Al, I have shown at least three instances where he lied and proved it, he has never done the same. I have often noticed that a thief has the biggest locks and a liar is the first to call others liars. This is a new low for Al, and just when I thought he couldn't stoop any lower under that rock head of his....

Will

;)

You have stolen words from other peoples articles and used them as your own, thats a plagiarest

You lied to the bonsai community about your years in bonsai as having eight years experience growing bonsai, then when it became usefull to defend your pathetic trees you changed to the actual number as being starting in 2004, thats a liar

You manipulated a forum tool for your own gain and had people call in votes for your trees from different computers causing you to be banninated from multiple forums, thats a cheater.

Would you please refer to my three lying instances in the last couple days.

From the guy you look up to, Al

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ditto, Jethro.

I see that you have taken another stab at insulting America. First you look stupid by insulting people that live in wheelchairs, and then you attack me personally by useing a good name like Jethro as a racial slurr.

Do you really feel that way about people with the name Jethro? Have you racially profiled them to be stupid dolts that do not know what they are doing?

I have used a universally accepted term like lunatic. It seems to fit now more than ever. I hope the next Jethro you run into has read this thread and slaps that stupid grin right off your face.

Emil Brannstrom

Yamadori
Reaction score
Does anyone one of you think that you're going to get out of this crap looking like a winner? While it's somewhat entertaining it kinda makes you both look like you could have used another 10 minutes in the oven...

Regards
Emil

Last edited:

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
There must be something in our human nature that brings us to our lowest. We often see this in modern politics and among high school girls arguing over a boy. Sorry to say this guys, but you are acting like little girls that require sound minded people to break up a squabble. Smoke, I admire your contribution to bonsai ( particularly your knowledge on humic acid). Will, I also admire your input on topics related to bonsai. Please don't let us down anymore. I hope you guys are going to come back and tell us this was all a big joke.

Sincerely,

Dave V.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There must be something in our human nature that brings us to our lowest. We often see this in modern politics and among high school girls arguing over a boy. Sorry to say this guys, but you are acting like little girls that require sound minded people to break up a squabble. Smoke, I admire your contribution to bonsai ( particularly your knowledge on humic acid). Will, I also admire your input on topics related to bonsai. Please don't let us down anymore. I hope you guys are going to come back and tell us this was all a big joke.

Sincerely,

Dave V.

If there was something better to read here you would be spending your time more wisely. Problem is this is what people flock to see.

hey I'm tired of standing on the sidelines while Will runs a great site down.

What exactly do you want Dave? I posted a flock of photo's on a great contest in a museum where almost 5000.00 in prize money was given away. A few posts and very little discussion. The pinnacle of what bonsai is all about and it was over in two days.

I've posted 30 or 40 progressions over the years and this is what it has come down to. Argueing with Will Heath. You tell me. Why do we allow this to happen. Demand better. I don't want topics related to bonsai, I would like to see topics on bonsai. Heck I would love to read an article or two from you on progressions of your own trees. Pony up. I been doing this forum thing for 12 years, I've done my time.

TpaBayFlyFisher

Seedling
Reaction score

Oh please don't! This is better than trolling some of the hacker boards where everyone is a 6'5" blonde billionaire but yet has hours to flame.......:p

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anyone one of you think that you're going to get out of this crap looking like a winner? While it's somewhat entertaining it kinda makes you both look like you could have used another 10 minutes in the oven...

Regards
Emil

Who said anything about being a winner? I'm just spending my time being a pest to the peskiest guy on the net. Mr. know it all who has nothing to show us.

Rather than bitch about this thread why not start a new one and pony up some work.

Come on man flood the site, put it out there, why do a few have to post all the trees.

Start asking some questions. A discussion forum works like this, a guy posts some work and then everyone else asks a question. Hey how did you do that why did you do this why is your plant so green and mine is yellow. Then after a few days everyone learns something.

But no.... someone posts something you look at it..ahh that doesnt blow my skirt up so piss on it I'll just move on. then a fight breaks out and everyone forgets everything else on the net and concentrates on the crap.

I've seen it a hundred times.

Speak up, get a discussion going. More discussion and less crap will take place. Of course Mr. know it all will chime in and phrase his opinion in the form of indeniable fact and then someone will call him on it and then it will turn into a pissing match and we will be right back to this crappy thread.

So what do you want?

Last edited:

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hi Smoke, I do amdire your work. I am relatively new to bonsai so I don't have anything as good as yours to post. Here is what I would do. Ignore it. It will go away. Continue to be an inspiration to others with your good work and knowledge. I don't mean to offend you - just don't want to see you go down that road. Those who know you by what you have already added to bonsai won't think less of you by what someone else says.

Sincerely,

Dave V

Emil Brannstrom

Yamadori
Reaction score
Rather than bitch about this thread why not start a new one and pony up some work.

Speak up, get a discussion going. More discussion and less crap will take place. Of course Mr. know it all will chime in and phrase his opinion in the form of indeniable fact and then someone will call him on it and then it will turn into a pissing match and we will be right back to this crappy thread.

So what do you want?

I'm not bitchin about this thread, I was just trying to point out how it makes both of you seem like a-holes. I've never had problems with any one of you, in fact, you and I had some decent discussions over at Bt that I enjoyed. Same with Will, despite the fact that every one seems eager to point out how he rules "his fora" with an iron fist I've never noticed while being active on KoB. And no, I won't post anything that I have invested in here simply because it's hardly ever worth it. In my experience it doesn't matter if Will (or anyone else for that matter) presents anything as anything, someone is still going to "call them on it" and something else than the original subject gets discussed.How about instead of calling someone on something you just state your opinion and your own experiences and let the reader decide who's the hack? If one posts something that doesn't get the usual Bnut treatment it takes about a day and the whole thread dies, like the displays you posted.

See how you made me bitch about this thread :)

Best regards
Emil

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
this is not the ideal way to say it, but none of you are scared that in 2012 the world is going to end? i am new to bonsai and by then my trees won't be as beautiful hehe. i want to see them at least in 2020

Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have stolen words from other peoples articles and used them as your own, thats a plagiarest
Please show me where. I have told you a hundred times, if you really want to prove that I don't know anything, pick any of my articles and prove me wrong with solid, substantiated fact. You haven't because you can't.

Here, let me help you:

My articles in print

My articles on the web

Now go get somebody to read these to you and find some other crap to spread, this dog won't hunt.

You lied to the bonsai community about your years in bonsai as having eight years experience growing bonsai, then when it became usefull to defend your pathetic trees you changed to the actual number as being starting in 2004, thats a liar
Yes, I already fully admitted years ago that when I first found bonsai and then BT, I lied about my experience as a rank beginner. This is old news Al, five years old, come on, even you can do better than that. You insult me with such trivia.

You manipulated a forum tool for your own gain and had people call in votes for your trees from different computers causing you to be banninated from multiple forums, thats a cheater.

I gave neg rep points to a Internet master every chance I could, yes. I'm surprised you brought this up, since you, Carl, and I abused that silly system to no end. I believe I gave you so many pos points that the dials spun like they were on crack, lmao. Those were the days! But this is ancient history Al, and you know as well as I do that the rep system was a joke, one I spoke out against many times.

No, sorry, what actually happened with the call in votes and what was verified by the two people in Florida was that they gave me high scores and some others very low scores without my knowledge. They were a mother and daughter living in the same house, using the same computer, and both were members under their own user names. Yes I knew them, yes, they did the above, but no one was banned because of the circumstances that came to light, mainly I knew nothing about it and they voted as many others did for me and for others. Stupid crap like that is why I did away with all popularity votes in my own contests, instead using only qualified judges. Oh,and I was never banned for that from any forum Al, keep the facts real. Again, this is history that is years in the past, come on Al, you can do better than this, you're a disgrace to flamers everywhere.

Would you please refer to my three lying instances in the last couple days.

Here you claimed I was a self professed master, I have never made such a claim.

here you tried to claim that the last AoB contest had somehow substandard attendance, when in fact it broke all records with 231 entries from 25 countries.

here you tried to claim bias on my part because some of your trees were not selected for an AoB gallery, when the truth is that they just didn't measure up. Your bias claim is also false, considering you have a gallery and profile at AoB already, some bias, huh?

That's three, need I go on?

From the guy you look up to, Al

Sorry, it's hard to look in any other direction when you keep hanging yourself.

Hey Al, your breath smells like foot, love ya,

Will

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not bitchin about this thread, I was just trying to point out how it makes both of you seem like a-holes. I've never had problems with any one of you, in fact, you and I had some decent discussions over at Bt that I enjoyed. Same with Will, despite the fact that every one seems eager to point out how he rules "his fora" with an iron fist I've never noticed while being active on KoB. And no, I won't post anything that I have invested in here simply because it's hardly ever worth it. In my experience it doesn't matter if Will (or anyone else for that matter) presents anything as anything, someone is still going to "call them on it" and something else than the original subject gets discussed.How about instead of calling someone on something you just state your opinion and your own experiences and let the reader decide who's the hack? If one posts something that doesn't get the usual Bnut treatment it takes about a day and the whole thread dies, like the displays you posted.

See how you made me bitch about this thread :)

Best regards
Emil

Wisest words on this entire thread!

By the way Emil, you did an excellent job on Robert's pot http://knowledgeofbonsai.org/3d/RobStePotFin.pdf is this the first real pot you have done?

Sorry to change the subject....

WIll

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have a question. Will, you keep refering to record participation in your contest. Where are these records kept so you know this? not trying to bash just asking for clarification.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a question. Will, you keep refering to record participation in your contest. Where are these records kept so you know this? not trying to bash just asking for clarification.

At AoB, posted publicly in the contest threads. Our first contests there held up to harsh scrutiny when we made the substantiated claim that we not only set the standard for on-line bonsai contests, but a search of every such contest on every bonsai forum showed we had more entries than any other contest. Since then we have shattered our own record quite a few times. I think we can agree that if there was ever a bonsai contest with more participation, we would have certainly heard about it, considering I can't pass gas without a few people demanding a chemical analysis. ;)

But here's the real kicker, our last contest, the Art of Bonsai Awards in 2008 not only set a new record for entrants (231) but also for the number of countries represented (25). That not only is more than any other on-line bonsai contest, but it is more than any other judged bonsai event, show, or exhibit ever, on-line or in real life. (Imagine that!)

If anyone knows of a more successful contest, I would very much like to hear about any judged bonsai events with more entries, not only would I admit I was mistaken, I would certainly learn from it. Besides, I'd love the challenge of beating it. ;)

While we are on the subject, none of it would have been possible without the AoB Editorial Staff. The technical support, the help posting, the contacts, the leg work, the friendships, the team work, and the behind the scenes discussions are what makes, not only the contests great, but AoB as well.

Suggestions from our members, translations of the rules into multiple languages by volunteers, promotion, ads ran by our sponsors in their magazines, the sponsor awards, all the sponsors who donate prizes, ther forums who allow use to promote, and of course, all the people from all over the world who enter their bonsai all make the contests a huge success.

Without all these people, it never could have come together.

Will

Last edited:

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will
I had ask you in the "Pool" post about your field grown trees. You told me about them and said you would take some pictures to post. I feel it was at my request and I Thank you. I do not know what all this other is about, I did not read it all but got the just of it. I am sorry if my quest to learn has caused you any grief.
Keep LOOkin Up!
Michael

TheSteve

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Could you link that for me? I'm just wanting to see the evolution of it all.

Top Bottom