Plant City

flor1

Shohin
Reaction score
Just got in a nice selection of plants.
Not cheap but looks to be fairly priced
Picked up a nice San Jose juniper for myself.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Can't make the trip to Clermont right now but I have asked Steve to please send me some photos of three I would really like. Hopefully he will have time to do so.

shyu

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just made a trip there thursday and picked up a Umus parvifolia "Hokkaido Elm". Fair price, and always nice to talk to steve about everything. Never had a problem with any of his plants. I also bought one of his junipers and 2 kingsville boxwoods. I am eager to work on them when the time come!

1.jpg2.jpg the juniper and the 2 boxwoods in the bottom right

lock66mark

Seed
Reaction score
Hi, I also have a nice collection of plants in my garden. Can i see your selection of plants. What is the fairly priced can i know.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Plant City Bonsai does have a nice selection of tall tridents brought back from Warren Hill's place.

Steve travels all over to bring in material from California, Florida, Colorado.

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Plant City Bonsai

I was into Plant City Thursday also and picked up my Hackberry and Schillings Holly. I saw the 3 remaining tall Tridents from Warren's collection. They are FIRST CLASS! I have also bought several trees from Steve and have only good things to say about his nursery, service and friendship.

Terry

hiland

Seed
Reaction score
Plant City is probably my favorite bonsai nursery. Every time I visit Steve has something new. The larger nurseries near me may have more trees, but they don't have the variety that Steve always has. And, I have enjoyed all of the workshops that I have taken there as well. He also has a great pot at tool selection at fair prices.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm teaching a JBP decandling workshop at Plant City on Saturday July 6. It's a bring your own or you can buy one from Steve.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I'm teaching a JBP decandling workshop at Plant City on Saturday July 6. It's a bring your own or you can buy one from Steve.

I would like to be there for your class but it isn't possible this time. If you have not already, check out the European olive styled by Ishi. I love that tree. Steve also has a Chinese elm I really want but it is a budget buster (795) right now. Check out this elm and let me know your thoughts. It was the larger of the Chinese elms and was directly across from the olive but has probably been moved.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hi Ron! I spoke with Steve last night, and he has a dozen people signed up. I'll check out the trees you mentioned. I give these classes a couple of weeks after I get back from Boon's Intensive classes. I'm going back to Boon's at Hallowe'en, so I'll probably be giving the next one mid November. My focus is on JBP techniques.

I'm going to see if I can clean up that shimpaku he has the conifer gallery. It would look so much better if the bark was cleaned up.

It's rained cats and dogs here today. I decandled two of my JBP, and pulled needles. I've got one more to go. There are two JBP I got from Steve that I'm not going to decandle this year. They were trees he had sold, but the customers didn't know how to take care of them, and brought them back to Steve in very poor health. I've repotted them into Boon mix, and they're recovering nicely. By this winter, they'll be strong enough to work on. One of them needs rebar to set the branches at the proper angle.

Top Bottom