Share your: Maple spring colors!

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very true. I had a big one (no bonsai) on the balcony, full sun all year round. Regularly scorched. Sun resistant varies greatly from cultivar to cultivar.
Do you also have this problem even if you provide a more humid environment by either placing low plants under the bonsai or the bonsai over a container of water?

ajm55555

Chumono
Reaction score
Stuttgart DE, via Verona/Padova IT, Atlanta GA.
USDA Zone
7b
Do you also have this problem even if you provide a more humid environment by either placing low plants under the bonsai or the bonsai over a container of water?
That was not a bonsai and... it died. Currently I have a Dissectum Garnet in the same place and that is much more resistant to direct sunlight. Here it is at the end of July 2019.

Attachments

• 20190721-130835.jpg
    20190721-130835.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 47

JBS

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Not bonsai, but…………

Attachments

• 95CFAF11-D4C5-4DC2-AA22-EE6FCBA97794.jpeg
    95CFAF11-D4C5-4DC2-AA22-EE6FCBA97794.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 0ACA8391-9590-4F85-ADAB-C751CDDC1A80.jpeg
    0ACA8391-9590-4F85-ADAB-C751CDDC1A80.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 31

deineath

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I love summer golds, have you tried any air layers on it?
Not yet. I wanna see how the graft merge for another season. and the branches are still pretty thin imo. I'll decide to do something next spring.
She’s a purdy one!
I actually bought this deshojo today. Very excited about it.

D

Deleted member 32750

My Arakawa did not look 10% as nice as this when it leafed out. It was green with some pink border, like many of my generic green palmatums.
My other Arakawas didn’t look as good as this one either!

Arlithrien

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
How long has this been in training? Looking to replicate this exact trunk shape and proportion with a trident.

My other Arakawas didn’t look as good as this one either!
Does it always leaf out like that? I assume there are many different roughbarks out there under the name Arakawa.

D

Deleted member 32750

How long has this been in training? Looking to replicate this exact trunk shape and proportion with a trident.

Does it always leaf out like that? I assume there are many different roughbarks out there under the name Arakawa.
I purchased from mrmaple.com last year in the summer so this is the first year I have seen it leaf out.

but yes I feel there are many different genetic varieties being sold under the name Arakawa.
I’m actually collecting different rough bark varieties from different sources to study similarities and differences

Top Bottom