Show Us Your Bonsai Benches

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
After building a couple fixed benches designed as a take off from Jeremy Norbergs design, I riffed the new design to build some portable “COVID constructs“ this year. First there were 2, then these multiplied like rabbits! Gotta figure what caused that!
cheers
DSDS sends
12ACAC56-63CE-4C1F-90A7-C908C45BBF03.jpeg
912ABFCA-5AD2-44FC-B0DF-E49E35EC41B7.jpeg
88376AF8-2A90-4278-8CEF-6F6F1F4B10A0.jpeg

Tbrshou

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a/
After building a couple fixed benches designed as a take off from Jeremy Norbergs design, I riffed the new design to build some portable “COVID constructs“ this year. First there were 2, then these multiplied like rabbits! Gotta figure what caused that!
cheers
DSDS sends
View attachment 309809
View attachment 309808
View attachment 309810
Ok I'm just gonna come right out and tell you theres a good chance I'm going to steal this bench design. If you dont mind telling me the lumber sizes you used or not ill just figure it out. NICE!!!

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ok I'm just gonna come right out and tell you theres a good chance I'm going to steal this bench design. If you dont mind telling me the lumber sizes you used or not ill just figure it out. NICE!!!
Okey dokey! I'll PM you the information. If there are others with interest in this information, please let me know and I'll post it.
Cheers
DSD sends

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My newest bench my husband Wade built me ( @sorce See what I did there...I gave him a name. lol) ...So didn't know what to expect. I questioned his idea...and was banned to the house while he built it. lol Plenty of lineal bench space. I was concerned it wouldn't be large enough.
103485938_3255441237810189_2575171884704826930_o (2).jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I just realized I might love the name so much cuz....I do him in the river! LOL!
Think I saw..pun intended...his name on FB when I was there.

That package....is held up with @TimberLakers due to a printer malfunction, went to the PO today and they sent me to the library for copies, so I'm in a holding pattern researching new printers...blah blah blah....sorry for the delay!

Love this V bench.

It seems things surrounding it may need adjusting for it to feel at home, where the stained glass one fit perfect straight away.

But I know you'll get this one tuned in.

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My stained glass 7 foot bench is still in place my friend. That's my side bench.

This one needs the wood to dry to allow it to be stained. Then it will fit in easier on the eye.

Right wading in the creek. Lol

Do not worry about the package @sorce.

s0rter

Seed
Reaction score
Not as heavy duty as it could be but given that I almost entirely used wood from old slat frames and pretty much improvised the construction on the go I'm happy with the result. IMG_20200618_193354.jpg

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Today. Don't pay attention to the rare orange Jack pine.
Now these is some benches!
This is a shot from the road. They are just 30 feet from the edge. I welcome would be thieves. My dog thinks everything here is his. He will eat a strangers ass faster than you can eat a bag of salted peanuts.View attachment 192828
They hold up trees plain and simple.
Easy to add more.
Easy to rearrange.
I actually take them down in winter.
You must be southern with that turn of phrase!

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Found some good folks getting rid of a few thousand pouds of slate, so it's gonna be a back breaker weekend! I already popped off 3 trip, not bad after a work day!View attachment 243760View attachment 243764
I feel your pain. I’ve gotten I don’t know how much limestone for my pond. I’m going to set up an aquaponics type setup once ponds are sealed and holding water again. Use a holding tank to hold waste and periodically flush through filter plants and media. Other parts of holding water will be used in irrigating bonsai for free fertilizer and water as well.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Got my shade netting (40%) up this weekend, finishing off my small townhouse bench.

The front shade panel will be off most of the time, it’s more for thunder storm protection in summer. We have heavy thunderstorms with hail where I live in South Africa.

View attachment 290420View attachment 290421

Top panel

View attachment 290422

All panels are attached with 6mm bungee cord and have my own DIY quick release mountings

View attachment 290423
What are the diy attachments made of?

Top Bottom